Making The Best of Your First Impression!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChrisTurk, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
    Welcome!

[​IMG]

2. MechaTurk

MechaTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,980
    Thank you, kindly!

3. noah_survived

noah_survived Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,627
    You may already know by now, but most of the action takes place in the daily threads.

4. noah_survived

noah_survived Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,627
    I thought this was a new discussion until I reached Margarita's message..

5. MechaTurk

MechaTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,980
    No worries! Appreciate you lookin out for me!

6. Tattooz

Tattooz New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Everyone, Just getting my feet wet with MTURK and Turkview as well. Just looking to make enough cash to keep my Amazon Prime membership paid up. Any extra, well just icing on the cake. I live on the outskirts of Detroit, like camping and good coffee, and am a gamer as well. Looking forward to learning more about this and meeting some new friends here.:emoji_blush:

• Love Love x 1
  7. MechaTurk

MechaTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,980
    Hello, friend! Glad to have you aboard! Follow me to the fun in the daily thread!

8. yuvarajamyself

yuvarajamyself Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    hi my name is yuvaraja,and i would like to learn more about turking and also making new script for mturk.

9. Bluebird

Bluebird New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie and I hope that I'm in the right place. I am soo happy to have found this forum. It came highly recommended. I love working from home to pay the bills and welcome and appreciate any and all help. I've been Turking off and on since about November.

After reading and searching, I decided to download Tampermonkey script manager along with Panda Crazy and Hit Forker scripts. Because I'm new and still trying to figure it out and understand, I haven't been getting very good results. So, today I downloaded MTurk Suite with Hit Finder, Hit Catcher and Hit Tracker. I did some hits today but nothing showed on the Hit Tracker. I'm not seeing anything happening on the Hit Catcher or Hit Tracker. What am I doing wrong?

Any thoughts, ideas and help is greatly appreciated.

All the best to everyone!

10. lurknturk

lurknturk New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    :emoji_speaking_head:Hello to all,my name and pic says it all:emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  11. theturkscribe

theturkscribe Turker

Ratings:
    +38
    Hello! I'm not new to turking - I started once in 2011 I think and it didn't take. Oh how I wish I had persevered through that time! So I started again Feb 2018 and have been turking ever since. I've just recently finally starting making around $10 a day - depending I have a very weird schedule, and you some days are just bad but I'd like to make $100 a week turking, without being at my laptop 24/7 for sure. I am registered at other forums with the same name, just full disclosure. TV has really helped me a lot this week so I wanted to check the forum out more here.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  12. Jules the minor

Jules the minor New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I’ve been turking since this summer. Hoping to reach 1000 HITs soon

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grauenstadt

Grauenstadt New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    This community could work on making a good impression to people completely new and clueless to using this site by perching at the top of forums extensive sticky guides. I haven't seen anything here that has enlightened me even slightly about how to even get started with that scripting/API gibberish (to me — I don't have any interest in becoming a programmer).

14. KayBee

KayBee New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm new to the forum as of today! Regarding MTurk Suite-Do you have too many HIT "catch" turned on, I have found if I have more than 5, then usually it doesn't catch anything. Pick a few favs and try that. Also, I have found using the Hit Finder has helped me improve my daily $ I set mine between 3500-5000 ms. I've been doing this since Sept 2018 and in the last 2 months have I found out how to utilize the MTurk Suite scirpts. Haven't tried PandaCrazy yet.

15. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hello and welcome. :wave:

Your right you can have too many Hit "catch"(PANDAs are what everyone calls this) turned on. Basically you get so many times you can "bug" Amazon per second. So what happens is when you have say 5 Pandas on it's not trying them all at once it's cycling through them. So the more you have on the less times it tries to catch each one. People have different opinions on how many is too many. I usually don't have more than 4-5 going, but there are people who go up to ten. Any more than that and you're definitely not going to catch anything.

You can reduce your Hit Finder down to around 1000ms. PandaCrazy does the same thing that HitCatcher from MTS does, but it's got a few more options and it's a bit more complicated. I can't imagine a situation where you'd use both, but it might be worthwhile to see if you like it better.

Make sure to come over to the daily thread and hang out and ask questions. That's where most of the people check for posts for the most part so if you ask questions over there you're more likely to get a response right away and reach more people than in other threads.

Hope that helps some.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AzCatie

AzCatie Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi everyone! I am new to the forum today. I've been turking since the very, very end of October last year. I was completely clueless when I started. And now I know so much, that I know I am still completely clueless ;) I made it past my first 1000, and am hoping to get past 5000 by the end of February. I just barely use extensions, don't understand scripts, and I'm not very good with forums, but I am hoping to learn how to make more money, while losing less hair. (I am also hoping that soon my kids and cat won't be afraid to enter the room when I am turking.)
    I have muddled through getting TamperMonkey, and installing some stuff on it/in it? but it has me so confused that I am currently ignoring it. I do have MTS, and other than figuring out how to use Finder to see the things that are already on the HITs page, and Tracker to help keep track of my stats, I still don't understand it.
    I am a big believer in asking questions, and as soon as I understand enough to put together two or more intelligible syllables, I will.

Hoping to meet some helpful people,
    AzCatie

17. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hello and welcome :wave:

Make sure to hop in the daily thread and join in the banter. There's also a lot of work and information there, but it's mixed in with hour long arguments about "proper" grilled cheese sandwiches. It's probably the best place to ask quick questions as people will see them right away.

18. Barney

Barney Turker

Ratings:
    +36
    Hi everyone - new to the forum, not new to mTurk

I'm in Canada - not as many HITs available to us Canucks, but I still enjoy the "fun" money to buy cool toys like computers and Google Home/Hub devices! Oh, and a Roomba too! :emoji_smiley:

19. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

20. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    Welcome everyone!!
    [​IMG]