[Please Help!] Help with TurkerViewJS

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by MikeFL, Feb 11, 2019.

1. MikeFL

MikeFL New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Greetings
    I'm a fairly new user making the switch from TO to TV. I am confused by TV because there are four instances of it showing up on my MTurk HIT page that all seem similar. I have searched everywhere for some documentation to explain but I don't find anything. Can someone tell me why there are four and how best to review them in the least amount of time? Thank you.

Image 3121.jpg

2. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    Those extra ones might be from MTS. There should be one for the requester and one for the HIT.

3. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Yeah, this ^
    The image next to the requester name shows the overall rating for the requester. The one next to the hit title shows the rating for that particular hit.
    You're seeing the TV scores from Mturk Suite as well as the ones from the TVJS script.
    You can turn off one or the other by going into the setting of MTS or the settings of TVJS.
    To turn it off in MTS, open MTS options and unchecking TurkerView.
    Or you can turn it off in TVJS by clicking the TurkerView button at the top of your Mturk page and then clicking the gear icon to open the settings.

4. CorvusSapiens

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Also, to leave your own reviews, you just need to click "TurkerView" at the top of mturk
    upload_2019-2-11_13-48-18.png
    That will bring up a menu with the hits you've done today. Click review next to the hit.

5. MikeFL

MikeFL New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you slothbear. I removed it from MTS and now it only shows 2 instances in MTurk. I'm still a little confused because MTS asks for the TV API so I entered it there because I often use HIT Finder. Secondly, it only shows the requestor review in HIT Finder and not a HIT review. And lastly, it's too confusing to have four instances show up in MTurk. What is the best practice?

6. MikeFL

MikeFL New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you. So in reference to my second set of questions, you turn it on and off depending on where you want to use it at the time, or just leave it on in both places and deal with the duplication?

7. CorvusSapiens

Ratings:
    +9,895
    If you're using MTS Hit Finder, I would turn off the rating display in TVJS and keep the MTS one turned on. That way you'll get the ratings displayed in Hit Finder.

• Like Like x 1