How to send recommendations to Hit Forker team

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Nnaemeka, Jan 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nnaemeka

Nnaemeka Turker

Ratings:
    +12
    I just started using Hit Forker yesterday and I am beginning to think that it works a lot better than Hit Finder. IMHO. But there are some things that it doesn't have that I would like to write the Hit Forker team to implement.
    1. The space for the project names is very short when a requester has a longer project name. I would want the Hit Forker team to make it possible that when one hovers over the project names, a floating box appears with the full name on it just like one finds on the mturk site.
    2. One doesn't have the ability to know Hits that have been submitted and completed. Hit Finder makes you aware of Hits that you have submitted so you don't have to accept them again or panda them at all. I have found that I often panda hits that I have submitted before so often that I am wasting a lot of time and resources.
    These are two of the features I would like to recommend to the Hit Forker team for now. That is why I would be delighted to have their email so I can send them a mail when I see the need for it.
    Thanks

2. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
  3. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    Wow, I'm a whole team now ;)

#1 is possible and I can look into adding it. #2 isn't going to happen because that's basically coding a hit database and that's beyond the scope of what hit forker is and that amount of free time I have.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  4. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    We are a team.

• WOW WOW x 2
  5. LucusNon

LucusNon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +707
    @ThisPoorGuy

One small suggestion for Hit Forker:
    Please let the Escape key be used to dismiss dialogs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. gman42

gman42 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Easy one: How about a minimum TV option in addition to minimum TO?

• Like Like x 2
  7. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    The only thing I could think of personally, would be if you could have some sign that you are unqualified for a hit. Darker grey box/lighter grey box, small icon or something. :emoji_thumbsup:Thanks for all the great work though!

8. Trinidad

Trinidad Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    @ThisPoorGuy

When you hit the T button in Hit Forker does it block that specific hit or any/every hit with that same title? I noticed that in MTS Hit Finder it shows the actual hit ID in the field but in Hit Forker it only shows the text of the hit title. Sometimes I want to block a specific hit that has a common title like "Decision Making Study" but I don't want to block every other hit that may come in the future with the same title, but from a different requester. Thanks :)

9. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    You can plug the GID of the HIT into the field and it will block the specific HIT. By default the T just copies the hit title.

10. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    Oh. This isn't in there? Whoops. Ok. I can probably shove that in there ;)

• Love Love x 1
  11. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    Addding it to my eventual improvements list.

12. Trinidad

Trinidad Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    Cool, I guess I can copy the preview link and then cut and paste the GID from there to Hit Forker. Any possibility of having it function more like Hit Finder though where it auto inputs the GID, with a box to select if you want it to use strict matching or not? Would save quite a bit of time if it's not too difficult to implement. Thanks again.

13. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    @ThisPoorGuy - I'm just learning, but I'd be happy to try to contribute where I can if there's a repo somewhere

14. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    The repo is my inbox basically ;) if you want to submit something send me a DM and I'll review it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    Have you ever considered setting up a github for it?

16. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    Not specifically, I'm not super interested in propping it up as a full blown open source operation. Maybe at some point thoug.

17. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    Understood - I just figured it might be a good way to both allow users to file reports of issues/bugs as well as possibly lighten the load by allowing others to work on it with you

18. MikeFL

MikeFL New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Is it possible to add a HIT to the blocklist using a keyword rather than the entire title of the HIT e.g. "German" rather than "For German Speakers Only"?

• Love Love x 1
  19. Summer

Summer New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    I came to say the same thing so I am excited to see this happen! :emoji_clap:

20. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    It's been over a year now, don't hold your breath. I am unfortunately more busy with outside stuff instead of less :(

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1