05/05 - Sobering Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Oh my goodness how horrible!

With my first c-section I could feel what they were doing. Not nearly as much as your wife could, but I felt pain. They actually tested me out to see what exactly I could feel (just pressure, vs. pain) and it was clear I felt the cutting, not just the touching. They wanted to stop and give me more anesthesia, but I had been in labor for nearly 3 days by then (didn't work, which is why I ended up with surgery) and I just wanted TO BE DONE with it all and I said no, finish. It got easier to take once the baby was out.

Your wife is amazing. I'm not sure I could have withstood much more than I did, and I know I wasn't feeling the degree your wife was feeling!

• Love Love x 2
  2. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Title: Stream a live TV channel in your browser, and leave it in the foreground for an hour [ $ | $ ] PANDA
    Requester: Keith Winstein (AWS) [A3SL9NUJUYJV16]
    TurkerView: [ $8.50 / hour ]
    Description: Visit our website, make an account, click "Watch TV", and leave it running in the foreground for an hour. Requires a computer or an Android phone running Chrome, Firefox or Edge (no Safari, no iPhone).
    Duration: 06:00:00
    Available: 1
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications:
    [3KFTENQ27H6ZSGF9DD33P7261EMNWV]

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. jayc2303

jayc2303 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,369
    she is so tough, that I did not know that she was in that much pain, they only let me come in at the moment of birth, so I thought at first she was crying because of happiness for the baby.. She told me later that she put her strongest face on and tried not to cry so I would not worry. I did not find out the severity of everything until later.. they just tried to focus me on the baby.. and with my spanish not being perfect, I do not always understand technical or medical spanish, and there is sometimes miscommunication because I speak gringo, white people spanish.. so that definitely made it scarier.

That is amazing how you toughed it out for so long.. mothers are incredible.. I definitely have more respect for what they go through to bring children into this world.. my wife was hospitalized three times in pregnancy.. but she never complained.. its incredible the sacrifice. some women get lucky and have easy pregnancies.. my wife has almost died in all three of her childbirths .. I doubt the whole third world country helps.. but I had her in one of the best clinics in the country a block from the American Embassy..

• Love Love x 3
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
  4. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    How hard for you dads!

I know my (now) ex didn't want to leave me once our daughter was out. He had been there the entire labor and for the surgery and let me wreck his hand with the pain (first fourty-two hours of labor I was unmedicated, after that much time I could not keep doing labor without painkillers...). After baby was out I had to convince him it was fine to leave me and go be with her. I can't imagine how hard it is to be torn in two like that between priorities.

I know at that moment, while I was concerned for my daughter, I mostly felt relief that it was FINALLY FREAKING OVER and all I wanted the to do was finish sewing me up and let me sleep.

Then I developed pre-eclampsia (yep, after the baby was out, awesome) but that is a whole different ugly story, that ended up ok!

• Love Love x 4
  5. Calexit

Calexit Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,290
    I got an email from this requester after he overturned the rejection because I said that the pay was unfair....

So if I spent the LEAST time the pay must have really sucked for some poor turkers!

6. redsfan33

redsfan33 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,719
    Congratulations to both of you! That is scary as hell, but it sounds like your wife is a fighter!

• Love Love x 2
  7. Sabur

Sabur New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    qkaren [AWXUTQ7TQDWGM] Rewrite one sentence in a short story - $0.20 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $25.71 / hour
    00:00:28 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; PreviouslyDoneMyTask DoesNotExist ; GoodAtMyTask Exists ;
    To read qkaren's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. Sabur

Sabur New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Jung Sung Woo [A1147XV6P6SLL4] Creation of video descriptions and Q&A pairs - $10.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $34.22 / hour
    00:17:32 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Location In CA, US;
    To read Jung Sung Woo's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. jayc2303

Ratings:
    +1,369
    Ya, I definitely have to figure out something special for mothers day for what she went through.. Thanks Red!

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. jayc2303

Ratings:
    +1,369
    They seemed to really want to get me out.. I was making them nervous I think.. I think they were worried about the consequences of killing an Americans wife .. considering the hospital has some extremely difficult international accreditation from a US organization that they just received like a year ago. The doctor was yelling at assistants, that's when I knew it was not going well.

• WOW WOW x 1
  11. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    I'm always so so confused when this happens to average or slower paced workers. Like you don't think something's up when someone is taking 10~20 minutes to do your 3 minute survey?

12. redsfan33

Ratings:
    +3,719
    Lmao, I walked in on Wuzzy eating. When he realized I was there he got excited, looked at me and meowed, and three little kibbles of food came flying out.

• LOL LOL x 1
  13. redsfan33

Ratings:
    +3,719
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  14. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Congrats but... that kid has some loooooong legs :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

:emoji_yum:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  15. jayc2303

Ratings:
    +1,369
    Well after all that I have to finish this Rhys Lewis 72 dollar HIT before going to bed, I need the money, but I got about 7 or 8 hours ahead of me.:emoji_cold_sweat:

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  16. jayc2303

Ratings:
    +1,369
    lol nobody has said that yet, I did not notice that ..lol.

17. Paradigm365

Paradigm365 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +326
    Purdue Social Research Lab [AXZJ5JSUTOUAL] Survey of views of different groups in the US - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $29.15 / hour
    00:04:07 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: US Political Affiliation - Conservative EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Purdue Social Research Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. DareAngel3

DareAngel3 Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +3,963
    That's a rough one to do in one go. The first couple sections are hell, but the rest isn't as terrible. You can switch back and forth from mobile, too, for some variety. Good luck!

19. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Leela Velautham [A2AKUMIMHAJSWN] A short survey about emotions and climate. Recommended for those who are worried about climate change. - $5.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $34.42 / hour
    00:08:43 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: CC survey DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Leela Velautham's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  20. Geraldine

Geraldine New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.