Hey yo

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by _deepfriedegg, May 17, 2019.

Tags:
?

If you could change something about the Mturk process what would it be?

1. Better pay

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. More work flexibility

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (comment on thread)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. _deepfriedegg

_deepfriedegg New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    New to Mturk, looking to make some side income (if I can) :emoji_sweat_smile:

hello world!

any tips for newbies?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. redsfan33

redsfan33 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,719
    Welcome. You won't get masters for a long time. There are some really good turkers here without it. Just work on not getting rejections and learning how to use the common scripts. Info on scripts is around with a little searching.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hello and welcome. :wave:

Make sure to pop over to the daily thread. It's amazing what you can absorb just lurking, but feel free to ask questions and join in the banter.

Here's a beginner's guide to scripts that @CorvusSapiens put together: https://turkerhub.com/posts/636527/ This is a very good place to start.

Make sure to be careful about rejections since you're new, check out reviews before working and be especially careful about doing a large number of hits for the same requester until you build up a buffer of approved hits.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    If you're using the polls and your DMs for research purposes - we'd all prefer you to be honest about it.

I'd be happy to be interviewed and give my point of view on the platform if you'd like - but we'll need to be honest with each other.

Best of luck with your research! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1