Why am i getting no messages from requesters or even quals?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Shadow Rose, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Shadow Rose

Shadow Rose Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Just wondering. This is a bit of a problem. I'm not getting any messages at all regarding mturk and even if a requester gives me a follow-up survey they don't message me. They don't even if they put up a compensation hit either. I know something somewhere has been turned off so I was wondering if anyone knows what or where it is. Not being able to see emails of new quals or requesters emails is a massive problem for me.

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @ChrisTurk can prob send a test email from one of his requester accounts but I'm not having any issues.

Have you checked your spam folder?

3. Shadow Rose

Shadow Rose Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah nothing in their either. A test email would be great. I'm sure something messed up somewhere. I used to get an email with every new qual and I don't see why so many requesters would just put up follow up surveys with no email that it's even up. I dunno maybe I'm just overthinking things?

Er how do I go about doing that btw.

4. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    That doesn't happen anymore by default.

When was the last time you turked? 2016? 2015?

5. Shadow Rose

Shadow Rose Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Uh. sometime in 2017 was the last serious time although i did some stuff here and there until now.

6. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Requesters haven't ever really bothered to email for followup hits more of the time even back then and quals don't email unless they specifically set it up to via the API.

Bonus emails still get sent obviously and requesters can manually send emails but I would say 9/10 times they just expect you to find the hit. Use a scraper and it isn't really a problem.

7. Shadow Rose

Shadow Rose Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    That's a complete 180 from when I was last doing this stuff. Thanks for the info although I personally would have preferred if they would at least email me about follow-ups x.x

8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I sometimes get emails but it is all up to the requester and most of them don't know what they are doing.

I normally have the damn hit in my queue before they bother sending an email lmao

9. Shadow Rose

Shadow Rose Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Ah okay. Thanks again for the help. For a stroke for a bit thinking of all the possible missed moneys.

• Like Like x 1