11/10 - Sparkling Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,396
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• WOW WOW x 1
  2. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. afallstarxfall

afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +878
    Title: Academic survey | PANDA
    Requester: CeDEx - Nottingham [A1V7W9RIFE74GH]
    TurkerView: [ $16.31 / hour ]
    Description: Short academic survey, about 10 minutes long.
    Duration: 30 Min
    Available: 0
    Reward: $1.25
    Qualifications:
    • Beranek-Castillo-2019-SD DoesNotExist
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98,
    • Location EqualTo US,
    [3NAD71TD7UOOXZN3I6F3RI79EEBL25]

4. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Were you in the panhandle? Thats where I'm at, in rural parts :emoji_racehorse:
    It does get windy but the police have been fine from what I've seen so far. Wind doesn't matter cause I'm always inside turking anyways!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
  5. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I drove through Nebraska on my way to Colorado. I did a month long road trip a couple years ago and drove from Ohio to California & back. I just remember my car getting pushed around so much bc of the crazy wind. & I only say the police seem terrible is because I saw an INSANE amount of them.. I saw some people that were pulled over with their luggage getting dumped on the side of the road (I assume looking for weed)

[​IMG]

6. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    ALSO yeah me too. Even more so because I just moved to Tennessee and it was so hot during summer and now it's 2cold5me. I'm a freeze baby. >.<

7. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Oh yeah, they turn nasty if they suspect the devils lettuce on their roads. There was this whole thing where nebraska and a couple other states tried to sue colorado after they legalized weed. lol

• Love Love x 1
  8. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Yeah it was scary.. Because let's just say I MAY HAVE brought some of the Devils lettuce... and.. Devils waxes & lotions home with me.

Another state I dislike is Utah. It's honestly really pretty there.. But the people seemed weird (Sorry if anyones from Utah I'm sure you're the coolest<3)

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +878
    Well this sucks, another power outage but at midnight....last time that happened it was because of a college drunk driver hit a major power line area. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I hope the power gets back on by morning.

10. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Get a UPS! And I don't mean the delivery people. It'll save your survey at least, and it's nice to keep internet up for phones othrwise.
    That reminds me @Razr , one definite disadvantage of nebraska is that a UPS is pretty much required for turking. Tstorms are super common, and so are small outages sometimes when it gets windy during that. But at least i was able to write it off on taxes :cj:

11. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +878
    Thankfully I didn't have anything in queue but still that wouldn't help me out if Internet is down....can't be doing everything on my phone.

12. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Damn I never though about writing it off on taxes, haha. I have three UPSs. I had terrible power outages at my last house and got sick of being kicked off the internet when I was gaming lol.

Unfortunately with my current Mesh wifi system I can't plug it into a UPS because it uses power over ethernet to boost speeds. :emoji_tired_face:

13. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Yeah, if the outage hits the node a UPS won't do anything. But so far in all my outages the node was still alive so my modem ran off the UPS and I still had internet.

• Love Love x 2
  14. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    @Yuk are we friends now?

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  15. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    I just have 1. It'll run my computer + 3 monitors for 45 minutes. Nothing I can do a raid in WoW on but it's enough to save my q.
    With just the modem it'll run for like 5 or 6 hours

16. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +878
    Good point, ya I think I'll consider the UPS. Also Charter has odd times where their internet goes out...not cool but that's the only Internet that runs this area.

17. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I started with just one but it wasn't enough to run my three monitors+modem+PC so I bought two more. :p I haven't plugged them into my PC to see how long they last but they will keep stuff on long enough. I used them during a power outage in the summer to run my fan because it was stupid hot.

I'm likely gonna plug all of them into my Raspberry Pi & link them up to Home Assistant so I can monitor them remotely. Whenever I stop being lazy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    This is kind of funny to me btw. Usually people use power over ethernet to avoid wifi altogether or when the wifi is too poor to reach a room.

19. Razr

Razr Jive Turkey

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Yeah, I know. I have no way of really measuring if it helps or not, but it was a good deal on Prime day and I needed to upgrade. They claim on their (TP-Link) site it can provide 60% better speeds over wifi.

20. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +878
    On the brightside with this power outage I may as well go to bed. Hopefully it'll be back on in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.