11/20 - Warp-speed Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicanGuy86

RicanGuy86 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,138
    All those who missed out on labs this morning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    That gif speaks to my soul.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Penelope

Penelope Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,684
    Yesterday was freakin great but I'm not having a good feeling about today. Choice Lab better pull through with at least two more hits!

4. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I just turn off the internet to all of his stuff with an app. I literally have done all of these things, just tried to talk with him about what the issue is and he just says "I don't know" then one day he said "id rather ask forgiveness than permission" the fucked up thing is 9 out of 10 times he'd have been told it was fine it was just that he didn't have the respect to simply ask so we'd know where he is.

I had him help me clean our garage out, etc etc, but its kind of been a trend with him the minute he gets something back or you think he's on the right path he will immediately fuck up a lot of times by doing the exact thing he did before. And it won't be a long time he'll do it a lot of times the first day. So it becomes really frustrating like a slap in the face.

One day I sat him down and said if you just want to be our roommate who has no rules that's cool here are your bills, I divided every bill by 4 and his total was like 775 dollars...he wasn't thrilled with that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Steve Heinke [A1Q6GCY63823JR] Investment decisions (Bonuspayment $ 0 - 8.24) - $0.50 $0.76 bonus | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.50 / hour
    00:06:03 / completion time
    Pros:
    Potential bonus based on chance and the decisions you make
    Cons:

Qualifications: retakes_02 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; retakes_01 DoesNotExist ;
    To read Steve Heinke's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    the tarp is shiptoasts. The grounds crew are the shiptoasters. ThisPᵒₒrGuy is the field being blanketed by shiptoasts with nothing he can do. And the fallen comrade is the unlucky sonsabitches that get mod edited.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    That's deep.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  8. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    I was going to put a penis gif in there but didn't want to go down like the other guy

• LOL LOL x 3
  9. FletcherFace

FletcherFace Active Turker

Ratings:
    +135
    Really, that last thing is probably the only thing that's gonna wake him up tbh. Charge him rent if he doesn't want to follow rules...idk though, I know it's hard with him being in high school...good luck regardless.

10. t0nja

t0nja Survey Slinger Birthday Girl!

Ratings:
    +7,236
    It's starting to feel like there is only going to be 1 Choice lab today!

11. lizzybean

lizzybean Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    I thought my cat was the only ash hole who did this.

12. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    My wife has had enough though, she wants to strangle him. She literally said we need to come up with a good punishment for this etc. When she found out where he was last night she literally went into "what a fucking piece of shit, this way he treats girls is really pissing me off"

• WOW WOW x 1
  13. ceedj

ceedj Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Title: Short survey about people's perceptions in different shopping contexts. | Accept
    Requester: Universidade Católica Portuguesa VAT 5010822522 [A1LAHNKG1QUC9Q] Contact
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.75
    Duration: 1:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: A short survey exploring consumers' perceptions about different products and purchase decisions. Completion time approx 7m.
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.13

6 Minutes

14. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    Ask the child what he would find an appropriate punishment for the transgression, but explain that if you deem the punishment to be inadequate, you will assign both the suggested punishment, and additional disciplinary measures that would be more severe than you would otherwise provide.

The goal is to use the child's own psychology to undermine his reward system; if he doesn't think the transgression was particularly severe, the suggested punishment will consequently be inadequate, and the enforcement of additional discipline measures will communicate both the severity of the transgression and your disappointment in the child. Conversely, if the child sees the transgression as worthy of punishment, they will likely suggest an overly severe punishment, which should be accepted.

As a suggested disciplinary action, an effective method of breaking resistance to coercive suggestion is a simple enforced stress position. Take a piece of cloth, a towel, a piece of a sheet of plywood, etc. and place it in your front yard, in clear view of neighbors or passersby. Require the child to stand outside on the placed object, and do not permit the child to speak. Every hour, bring a cup of water to the child, and every three hours permit a 5 minute restroom break, before requiring the child to return to the standing position. After 12 hours, permit a 6 hour sleep period, and then resume the punishment.

• WOW WOW x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
  15. Soul

Soul Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,391
    You really should stop thinking about "punishments" because it's just not gonna work. He's 17. You were 17 once.. you probably thought you were the shit at that time. How would you feel if your parents decided to treat you like a baby and "punish" you?

• Like Like x 3
  16. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    I'm scared now.

• LOL LOL x 2
  17. FletcherFace

FletcherFace Active Turker

Ratings:
    +135
    Same.

• LOL LOL x 1
  18. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Steve Heinke [A1Q6GCY63823JR] Investment decisions (Bonuspayment $ 0 - 8.24) - $0.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.72 / hour
    00:04:28 / completion time
    Pros:
    chance at a bonus
    Cons:
    my bonus was 0
    risk aversion game.

Qualifications: retakes_02 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; retakes_01 DoesNotExist ;
    To read Steve Heinke's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. Penelope

Penelope Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,684
    How do you charge rent to a kid you technically can't even kick out? At least I don't think you can get rid of a 17-year-old. Sounds like my brother. He also made and still makes the same mistakes over and over and over again and who also has ADHD. He's 33. Punishments NEVER worked on him. He can't hold a job more than a few months, lies a lot like your son, gets with the wrong crowd, it's never-ending trouble with him. He's a really nice person though. I don't think anything will really work in your son's case since he's already so old. 17 isn't 10 or 12 it's almost an adult.

20. moonshay76

moonshay76 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,279
    Good Morning to all you beautiful people

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.