Best Tools for Mechanical Turk

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by nubchai, Jan 27, 2020.

1. nubchai

nubchai New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi again. This is my second question.

What are the best tools or set-ups for efficiently grabbing HITs?

I've seen:

• Mech Turk Suite and Panda Crazy
    • Hit Forker and Panda Crazy
    • Mturk Engine
    • Hit Scraper by itself
    I guess I'm looking for the most current recommended toolset to efficiently make money with MT.

Thanks for any help :)

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    For the basic combos you'll want either MTS finder and catcher or Hit Forker and Panda Crazy. You don't want to use finder with Panda Crazy or Forker with catcher. The combos I mentioned play nicely together for importing hits from the scraper to the catcher.

The MTS option is a little easier to get used to out of the gate, but the Forker/Panda Crazy option allows for more customization/options.

I don't have any experience with Mturk Engine. There is also Turkinator which is written by the same guy as MTS. I don't have any experience with that either. It is paid, but the people who use it seem to like it.

Depending on how experienced you are, I would say go with the MTS options for now and when it's slower(weekends) play with the other options and see what you think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. Christian Fuchs

Christian Fuchs New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    What are people's preferences towards hit forker or hit finder?

For a long time I have preferred hit forker but recently have been using hit finder.

4. Shawn Deez

Shawn Deez New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I am thankful for your answer because I am so brand new. at Mturk. And could you please tell me if our returns matter? Because I have a lot right now. NOT one Rejection though going into 100 Hits worked

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    The short answer is no, don't worry about it.

The long answer is requesters can use it as a qualification, but I've only seen that like once. So don't worry about it. I'm sitting at around 34% return rate and I know people who have a much higher rate.

• Love Love x 1