[Please Help!] Rejected task

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by The Atheist, Mar 26, 2020.

1. The Atheist

The Atheist New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    I woke up to having one of my completed tasks rejected by requester "ACResearch" though on MTurk it's being displayed under "ProductResearch" as the requester (see https://turkerview.com/requesters/A2Q83SMDIS80FL-acresearch -- changed their name?) with the response saying, "Work rejected because this Mturk ID has not participated in the survey and there is no response associated with it in the data set." Out of 373 approved tasks, this is my one and only reject, as I try to be extremely careful when taking on a task. There is 1 review on here for the particular task that I did, listed as "Product Research," and described in the Con part as "Useless word scramble. Waste of time." This jogged a memory regarding words jumbled in nonsense sentences, and I had to make meaningful sentences, but I'm not entirely certain that that is what I did for this requester (tasks become a blur over time, as anyone knows). But I do know that I completed that particular task. Is there any other way to figure out exactly what the task entailed? The reject response is basically calling me a liar, and before I dispute it I was wondering if there was a way to get more info regarding the task.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    If you're using MTS, you can go to history in hit tracker and find the hit. If you click the src button it'll show you the page. This might not be very helpful if it's just a survey link, but if the work was all in the frame then you should be able to see the whole hit. Past that I'm not sure there's a lot you can do to track down specifics past looking at reviews and asking around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Atheist

The Atheist New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I actually found this option after I posted my message and went to the survey page with the link. When I clicked on the link it took me to the task's completion page with the completion code, which must mean that there's a cookie in my browser. I took a screenshot, which I will include with the dispute, and I was thinking that I'd offer to re-take the task in a different browser...

• Like Like x 1