I'm gonna lose my 99% rate thanks to Conversational AI

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by E94, May 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. E94

E94 New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    So now I'm nervous because of the unfair rejections from Conversational AI that I'm never gonna stay under 99% and never gonna be able to recover. They said the message I did said was " unnatural answer with 'we'", which I don't understand why.

What should I do? I tried emailing them, but I never got a response.

2. emamaya

emamaya Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,405
    If the rejections aren't overturned, then I would recommend you find a batch like MLD and work on those 1 cent hits until you get back to 99%. Conversational AI is known to be rejection happy sometimes so I'd be wary of doing more of their hits. For now, I'd recommend that you only work for requesters with a >99% rating and that you use TV to check to see if they've rejected in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  3. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Welcome to the forum :)

As @emamaya1016 mentioned, the only thing you can really do is keep building up your number of approved hits. If you're not already using the dashboard enhancer script, it's probably worth installing. It shows you how many rejections you can take before falling below 99%, so once you do get back up to 99% you'll know to keep your number of pending hits below that threshold https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18991-mturk-worker-dashboard-enhancer

• Like Like x 2
  4. E94

E94 New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    That's the problem with Mturk is that they aren't honest with the requester ratings. If I would've known that Conversational AI wasn't good at the first place, I would've avoided them in the first place.

5. emamaya

Ratings:
    +5,405
    True. That's one of the issues I see with requesters who put out a lot of hits. They build up so much cushion room that rejecting a few or more than a few here and there will not put a dent in their ratings. For example, A9 (who I would avoid like the plague) is super rejection happy (e.g. mass rejections have occurred in recent weeks) but they constantly put out hundreds of thousands of hits so they are still at 99%.

• Like Like x 1
  6. E94

E94 New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm having a bad week so far as they still kept rejecting my work left and right and it's causing my rate to be lower thanks to them saying "we" is unnatural. I tried emailing them, but they never responded back.

Is there a way to report the requester for the unfair rejections, because I'm just upset about the hits.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  7. emamaya

Ratings:
    +5,405
    I don't think there is but you can report the hit itself in the iframe if you believe it to be broken or see some form of policy violation as defined by MTurk. I've never had to so I'm not sure if there is any other way but MTurk from what I've heard will almost always take the side of the requester because they have the right to reject work (although obviously sometimes there are unfair rejections).

If you did them within the last 5 days and you had the Turkerview script installed, I would suggest that you review the hit to report the rejection. You can also go on TO and report it there to warn other workers. If you don't get a response from the requester, I'd suggest you block that requester so you don't accidentally do any more of their hits in the future.

8. Sapondi

Sapondi New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I blocked a requester for exactly that.

He rejected all 27 tasks that I did and claimed that something was not in the requirements.
    I'm trying to get up now.

I'm a new worker and I'm learning with this
    (sorry for my bad english)