09/29 - Totally Turktacular Tuesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Sep 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Yay Whitney! Rocking some old school!

Here's some Stevie.... this song also always makes me smile :)

• Love Love x 1
  2. emamaya

emamaya Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,405
    Nice! This came up on the playlist and it just threw me back to high school during lunch when they'd play music for us to dance to in the quad!

• Love Love x 2
  3. Cryyo

Cryyo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +181
    thanks everyone

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Love this! For me this song was 8th grade and I remember when MTV debuted it! I think her mom actually played her mom in the video? :) It also influenced a lot of crazy fashion choices I made for the next year. <3

Here's a song that always makes me want to dance!

• Love Love x 3
  5. Cryyo

Cryyo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +181
    are there batches or something to do late at night because i'm not really finding anything

• Like Like x 1
  6. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Yes - sometimes the nights can be really great. It can depend on a lot of factors such as qualifications (take as many as you can), timing, amount of hits you've already completed.... a lot of stuff.

It takes awhile and high quality, consistent work as you build your business. :)

• Love Love x 1
  7. emamaya

Ratings:
    +5,405
    Sometimes MLD will drop some penny hits. Highly recommend them to get your numbers up!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  8. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    If you stick around the daily - you'll see some good stuff roll through.

We put up some music at night while we are working because it isn't as fast paced in the comments section (normally) as the daytime thread - but don't let that discourage you. And keep your panda's running. :) You catch a lot of stuff that expires for other people at weird hours <3

• Love Love x 1
  9. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    It really depends. As @emamaya says MDL will drop good batches, but you have to have their quals which can be found at Qualifeye. I'd suggest doing all of the qualification tests you can there.

At night, most of our HITs start rolling in around 0900GMT, then they cascade from there as Europe and then the East Coast wakes up. Fridays at around 9p EST spikes as half-drunk college students go "OH CRAP!!! I need a week's worth of studies by Monday!" and drops a load they'd been procrastinating.

Amazon Requester Inc. A9 Data Validation is another good requester, but only if you're careful.

On Mturk, set your filter to $.00 and search for Amazon. Do the premium qual HITs like demographics, devices, education, work, adult qualification, whether or not you have a child, etc.

Do you have any scripts installed? That's the big thing.

10. Cryyo

Cryyo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +181
    I did maybe 1k hits in 2017 and just came back. I have hitscraper, and just installed mturk suite. Hitscraper doesnt seem to sync with turkopticon anymore, and i can't figure out how to snag pandas with mturk suit

11. emamaya

Ratings:
    +5,405
    HitScraper doesn't really work anymore. MTS has Hit Catcher where you'll do the panda running (awkward phrasing - I'm sorry.) HIT Finder is where you'll see the hits popping through so you can panda them.

Edit: A9s can be good but they have a reputation for mass rejections so don't use scripts with their hits!

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cryyo

Cryyo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +181
    I'm sorry but isnt hit finder a part of mts? How do I access it?

13. emamaya

Ratings:
    +5,405
    Yes it is. So once you have the extension installed you'll see a black and orange button on your browser. Click that and a blue menu will come up and you'll see hit finder there as an option. Once you click on that a new window will pop up and click on the button on the top that says Find Hits and it should work.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Cryyo

Cryyo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +181
    OMG you're a lifesaver. I had extension icons hidden

• Love Love x 2
  15. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    TO is undergoing changes last I knew. I don't use them anymore. I run MTS to record my HITs if I need to pull up a page, Hit Forker and Panda Crazy (and Panda Crazy Helper) if I'm manually running the show and to log HITs overnight to PANDA in the morning.. Then there's TVJS.

But I'm mostly doing QBC which I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly do not recommend (Sorry @ChrisTurk, I'll repay you when my next Paypal subscription pays you ) if you're just starting out or just getting back into the game until you relearn the ropes. There's a steep learning curve and you'll be lost until you get back into the game and you'll just be frustrated and eventually pissed.

A lot has changed since 2017 which is the same year I started out and broke 500 then abandoned ship because life got crazy.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2020
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    @Cryyo glad you got the extensions open!

Curious - Is your avatar a Dark Crystal Skeksis or a very angry stork? I think I might have found a bird to match that "what me?" profile :) <3

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  17. Cryyo

Cryyo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +181
    its a Shoebill stork :D

• Love Love x 3
  18. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
  20. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Cool bird! We had a lot of Sandhill Cranes in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan which I think are related to the stork family?

[​IMG]

Also used to love seeing the Great Blue Herons flying over when we lived near there. <3

upload_2020-9-30_4-58-17.jpeg

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.