[Guide] What is the fastest way to rebuild my rejection rate back into days Mturk World.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Julieber, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Julieber

Julieber New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    2020 like everything has been a very bad year for me, up to including mass rejections. My rejection rate is at
    Approval Rate
    99.67%

What are my fastest options to rebuild this up on hits? Most 1 Cent hits see to be as complex as a 5 cent hits with so many question and to many fields, that it will take all most for ever to get back up.

The Hits I am looking for are such as MLDataLabeler, Select the Correct image that take like 2 to 3 sec. The hit do show up, but it is like not even a batch. I am likely if I get 7 in a night, and then it goes for weeks with nothing. It is hits like this that could build up my score, but since they are not as rare as they use to be, what is my next best option?

Why is it that it take very little for your Approval Rate to drop, but take all most forever to come back up. What is the lowest Approval Rate anyone in this group has, and how low can you drop before this bottoms out?

I just got my TurkerView Bridge | Rejection working correctly today. I am hopping with the help of this I can get more rejections over turned then trying to do it the convention way on Mturk.

Any Help, Trips and advise would be helpful.

Thank You.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    As far as qualifying for hits goes, your approval rate is fine. As long as you are above 99% you will qualify for the same hits at 99.3 as at 99.7. The biggest thing having a higher approval rate above that does for you is allows you more buffer when working on a batch you aren't sure about. So while higher is always better it doesn't seem like you need to worry too much about it.

If you don't already have this: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18991-mturk-worker-dashboard-enhancer I would recommend getting it. It adds this to your dashboard: upload_2020-11-25_9-6-27.png

Just make sure never to do more hits that you aren't sure about than the Rejections to less than 99% line. I would leave more buffer than that, but at the absolute minimum.

As far as rebuilding I don't know how many hits you've done or how many rejections you have, but since you are above the 99% threshold, I would just say keep working normally and be more careful if you're worried about it. It will go up over time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Julieber

Julieber New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    I been doing a lot of Panel and having big issues with his Extract summary information from 6 shopping receipts (Business, # of Items, Phone Number, Total, Date), or other ones like this. He gets me on rejections saying I got the wrong total or phone number. I slow down and type in the information and even check that I got the correct total.

To me it seems he enjoys inflecting pain and sufferings with rejections and that is the only thing he understands. I even send him massages to kindly him to turn over the unfair rejection and how it hurts me score. It seems he never responds. I don't get how there can be people so cold that they can be heartless, and allowed on Mturk. Or he has no ideal the harm he is doing because he never answers his massages.

Thank You

4. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Well don't do that then. You sounds like you're describing an abusive relationship not an employment situation. There are a lot of things to do on Mturk. Do something else.

5. Julieber

Julieber New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    I have looked at many 1 cent hits, but they take as long and sometimes longer then the ones that pay me more! If they take 3 to 5 min for 1 cent hits, they are not worth it then. The Fast ones that take a few sec or less seem to be rare. Can you please point me to quick and simple hits please that are not rare and to complex.

Thank You