rejection and the overturning process issue.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by TedderTurk, Dec 1, 2020.

1. TedderTurk

TedderTurk New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    Hi all. I had a rejection on the 13th of November and used the "dispute rejection" form. All went fine it seemed and the requester admitted he made a mistake and had overturned the rejection. It's been over two weeks and it's still rejected. I emailed him back after a week and he said he went through the process on turkerview to overturn it and to wait it out. I have no idea what that process is or how long it actually takes, but in my previous 3 times using the dispute rejection form, the overturns were within a day to 2 days. Anything additional I can do besides contact him again? Thanks.

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    It sounds like they made a mistake trying to overturn the rejection or just didn't do it. It shouldn't take two weeks. Unfortunately it is entirely up to the requestor so there isn't much you can do on your end except contact them again and let them know it isn't overturned. You might suggest that they contact Amazon support if they are having trouble with the process.

3. TedderTurk

TedderTurk New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    hey thanks. I did contact him again. I'll update here if anything comes through. Funny, I just disputed another HIT's rejection this morning ($4.00) and had an email exchange with the requester. They caught a mistake on their end that caused a lot of rejections that now will be fixed and people will get paid. It was approved in minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TedderTurk

TedderTurk New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
  5. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    You can only go back so far to review old stuff, I think 3 days. So you need to review as you go. You can edit reviews once you've left them so no real need to wait. You also need to have had TVJS installed when you did the hit so that could be the problem if you just set it up.

There's a little video towards the bottom of the page here that shows how to review: https://turkerview.com/mturk-scripts/1-TurkerViewJS

If you have any trouble let me know and I can probably help.

• Love Love x 1
  6. TedderTurk

TedderTurk New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    I've had TVJS running for a couple of months now. Looks like the only way to leave a review is at the time I submit the hit. Since this is an issue that came up 2 weeks later I guess I'll just block the jackass and move on. I'm fine if I deserve the rejection (and I have a few times) but to say it's being overturned and then not respond at all when it's not overturned is irritating and a waste of time. Thank you for the response.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Yeah that sucks, unfortunately not much can be done if the requester is being uncooperative. I generally just review things as I go unless I think my time is off for whatever reason. I usually just time dump so it's pretty painless. It automatically updates when a rejection happens and you can edit so not a bad habit to be in and it helps out the community.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TedderTurk

TedderTurk New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    ah ok....I'm not familiar with "time dump". I'm so myopic because I do mturk in addition to a full time job, so I get in and grab all of the $1+ hits I can and get out normally. I will review and return a few. I'd love to review some of the good requesters I've found when work is slow and I can catch up on them..ie submit and/or edit them at a later time when I can focus on it.

9. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Just referring to a review that just has the time there. So like not writing anything for the pros and cons. I'll put something in if it's relevant, but usually I just review with the time.

• Like Like x 1