Extremely low response rate to hit

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by sophieacotton, Mar 12, 2021.

1. sophieacotton

sophieacotton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I am a new researcher and I am attempting to do a survey with 1200 responses. The survey takes 3-5 minutes max and I am paying $0.50 with no rejections.

For some reason I have had an extremely low response rate.

The survey is only visible to those who have not taken my surveys before and are in the US, but I am unsure why the response rate is so low. When I ran practice versions I always got responses really quickly.

The HIT ID is 3VFQQ8MLFD5ESXK2K3MXTZFPB1Q4B7

Thanks!

2. Clozy

Clozy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Hello! I tried to panda the HIT with Panda Crazy and it turned violet (it means that I'm either not qualified or blocked). Did you setup the HIT with the qual "HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 99"? In that case only turker that never got a rejection could participate, because for MTurk having 99.99999 it's equal to have 99.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sophieacotton

sophieacotton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Clozy, that is so helpful, thank you! I set it to 98 - what would you recommend I set it to?

4. Clozy

Clozy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,640
    No problem! If you setup the HIT now to 98 should be okay, the majority of requesters use that qual or "HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99".
    If it was already 98 then you might have some other kind of exclude qual that is blocking workers from completing your study (sorry but I'm not sure I understood correctly the timing in which you setup the HIT to 98, if from the start or now).

5. sophieacotton

sophieacotton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Clozy, Thank you so much for your help!

I have had it set at 98 all along. Here is a photo of the exclusion criteria that I have had all along. Last year in my test run I got lots of responses with this criteria and this year have received nearly no responses.
    upload_2021-3-13_13-55-24.png

6. Clozy

Clozy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Those quals look good to me, I didn't qualify for your survey because of the Masters I don't have (you could drop the 1k + approved because the 99.9999% of Masters surely have at least 10k+ approved).

7. itsonlyfrager

itsonlyfrager New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    If you are trying to get 1200 responses, I'd highly suggest turning off the Masters requirement. There are very few people with Masters relative to the size of the Mturk community.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Kirk Staley

Kirk Staley Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,614
    The golden standard is Hit Approval Rate is not less than 99% or 98%.

• WOW WOW x 1
  9. Lhw123

Lhw123 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey - I was just wondering if you started getting more hits when you lowered to 98%? I am having similar issues with low hits and saw mine was also set to 99% and wondered how much different lowering to 98% would make :)

10. Kirk Staley

Kirk Staley Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,614
    It will still work.
    HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98

• Like Like x 1