[Please Help!] How do review a requestor rejection

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Gary Hess, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    I just received a rejection from a requestor from a hit I submitted more than a week ago. I can't find any way to report this rejection to TV. It seems I can only report something a couple of days back. I am sure I am missing something, I just don't know where.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rhcpcrew

rhcpcrew New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm pretty new to Mturk and TV and I actually just came here seeking the answer to this exact same question. I can somewhat understand why it would be just limited to the past few days (memory recall), but it also seems it would make some sense to be able to still review a rejection that has happened outside of that time range but still recent. Wondering if I'm just overlooking this as well.

I just got a rejection as well. I only have 4 rejections but it's really frustrating each time since I do put good effort into HIT's. Especially frustrating that I have never gotten a response from any of those requesters about reasoning. Each time it has been a completely ambiguous rejection message.

• Like Like x 1
  3. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    @Gary Hess @rhcpcrew

I believe if you had reviewed it within a few days of doing the hit you could go back and report the rejection in the review.
    This would be a good question for @ChrisTurk . Also if you have TurkerviewJS installed there should be an option to dispute the rejection.

upload_2021-3-31_7-6-8.png

just do so politely and professionally no matter how angry you are or how unfair you think the requester is being.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  4. rhcpcrew

rhcpcrew New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I had disputed this most recent rejection already and was pleased to just find out that it was overturned. I responded professionally and kindly like usual letting them know that it would be nice to know the specific question they are referring to so that I could improve in the future if there was a misunderstanding. There was no response, but the requester overturned this one so maybe they just realized they made a mistake or something.

I'm pretty new to MTurk and Turkerview so I've only just started submitting reviews now that I'm a little more comfortable. This was a slightly older HIT that took a while to initally get rejected.... I hadn't started submitting any reviews when I completed this one.

From what it sounds like, you must provide a review within a few days regardless of whether or not the HIT is accepted/rejected. I don't think i'll have this issue going forward now that I'm more familiar and starting to review HITs. I understand in general why reviews are limited to just a few recent days since it can be easy to no longer recall the HIT after that point. But I do feel it would be pretty useful if there was a way to post a rejection review even if you hadn't reviewed it initally because it seems like a lot of people are very interested in rejection reviews for requesters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535

maybe a way to just report the rejection since people are interested in a requesters rejection rate. But I personally like to see the whole review for a rejection so I can kind of get a feel for whether the rejection was warranted. I know it sounds judgy but some rejections are fair and you can tell by some reviews who is taking the work seriously or not (not implying you were not). In the end there is no perfect way to collect this data and we have to figure out how to work with what we have.

PS. some requesters will reverse a rejection just because you asked I guess they figure if you bothered to ask you care about the work your not just creating an account to scam people :dunno:. So never hurts to ask.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rhcpcrew

rhcpcrew New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh I totally agree with that. I really think any rejection review should be required to have some sort of explanation of what all happened from the worker perspective in order to completely understand the situation. Definitely not judgy at all because I can tell just from my limited experience so far that there are probably plenty of warranted rejections out there.

I put in a lot of effort every time so I've gotten frustrated on the 4 rejections I've received and then didn't respond to my kindly worded disputes at all... somewhat of an ego thing getting a rejection for me too I guess lol. Fortunately passed the 1,000 HIT mark today and only have 4 rejections so I guess my rejection rate is pretty good. Now I just need MLData to hurry up and approve the 1,700 HIT's I have pending! Super easy batch the other night I was able to take advantage of.

7. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    yeah, gotta grab those numbers batches so you can offset the rejections you are going to get even if you do careful work. I have 166,846 approved hits and still do an occasional so -so paying batch for no other reason than it is good for numbers. Got a mass rejection once (820) on a a batch of opinion based hits and my approval rating still didn't go below 99% but after that I make sure to maintain that cushion

8. Eliton

Eliton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I received a bunch of 55 rejection from a requester (Brigham Anderson) few days ago on a very simple task, he/she did not add note for reason for rejection, I have dispute rejection and contact the requester politely up-to 4 times without a single response from the requester. Please someone should help me in sorting this mess that has rendered my account useless.

Attached Files:

• RP.JPG
      RP.JPG
      File size:
      89.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  10. snshnmoonlt

snshnmoonlt Turker

Ratings:
    +52
    I asked the same question and have yet to get an answer for it. I had someone reject me almost 30 days after I did the survey with a BS explanation that my written responses were non-sensical - I always turn in thoughtful work so she's full of crap. While I haven't found a way to warn other turkers with reviews - I do write them down and block them from showing up on my list again. I don't have time for scammers.

11. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    Get in the habit of submitting a quick review for all work. This will allow you to go back and update your review after the fact. It will also help make TV better overall if you post accurate times.

If the HIT is current, consider using the Submit & Export. This will send the review to the daily thread.

If the HIT is older, say for example you are submitting all of your quick reviews hours after you have completed them, consider just using the Submit Only button. This will keep you from spamming the daily thread.

upload_2021-8-4_19-30-20.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. BakaOppai

BakaOppai New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    all these responses and not a single useful answer

13. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    What is the particular issue you need help with?

The op asked how they can report a rejection in TV for a HIT outside the review window. The answer is you cannot. You can only update a review if you have reviewed it previously. This is why you should get in the habit of submitting quick reviews for everything you do.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  14. Sheri

Sheri Turker

Ratings:
    +23
    I usually use Turkopticon for new requesters because I am familiar with it and I can edit it. I don't know how to edit TurkerView. I just learned how to use it. https://turkopticon.net/A1RQKJ0XZOLBP9 Do you know how to click on the triangle?