04/28 - Why Is It Only Wednesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Apr 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    eggs, if they are scrambled add milk, cheese, meat. mainly it's the eggs though. might want to add something made with bread, like toast with butter. but not jelly because that's sugar so it would give you energy.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 3
  2. TotalBabe

TotalBabe Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +12,602
    Oh, wow. Here's something kind of off the wall to try if you want. I knew someone who had trouble "turning off" after getting off work (that may not be exactly what you're talking about, but it might work for your situation, too).

He said he started doing something symbolic to say to himself, "My work day is over." So, he took off a ring he wore when he got home that came to represent "work day" to him. It was like physically doing something to say, "Work is over until tomorrow." You could take off a ring like him or a watch or something like that. Even if it's just not wanting to give up so many hours of your day to sleep (as in "No, I wanna be on my computer more than sleep!"), you could have a ritual like he did to say to yourself, "No, now it's time to get some rest, and here's a physical cue to help me get into the habit." It sounds hokey I know, but he said it worked for him.

• Love Love x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    oh I googled for more foods that cause sleepiness. google pretty much said the same thing I just said. breakfast foods tend to cause sleepiness.

"People often eat a combination of protein and carbohydrates before bed, such as cereal with milk."

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. cheyenne

cheyenne Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,685
    £1.551 minute £74.40/hr 36 places remaining
    In this study, you will be asked questions related to your work and then watch a short video to give tips and suggestions. The entire survey should take about 20 minutes to complete.

On Prolific. Entered in Job description and survey over. hmmmmm. I am sure they set that up incorrect. Submitted. Yolo

• WOW WOW x 1
  5. skittles

skittles Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +17,152
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    My professional opinion on the sleep issue is start working on mindfulness meditation every night. I have REALLY bad anxiety when I lay down to sleep and it's been wonders to help calm the ever whirling storm that is my brain. Just the focus on breathing, feel the sensations in your body, let your thoughts flow freely and don't always interact with them, when you notice that your mind has wandered lean back into focusing on breathing, rinse and repeat. It's honestly been one of the only things outside of sleep meds that's helped me.

• Love Love x 3
  7. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    You've got this down to a science :emoji_smile:. I'm pretty sure jelly wasn't going to make an appearance on my breakfast taco, but I'll make extra sure it doesn't.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    tell us what happens tomorrow like if you get better sleep tonight or not!

• Love Love x 2
  9. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    That's also an awesome idea, thanks! I actually put my Oura Ring on right before bed to monitor my sleep (getting it was what actually motivated me to start sleeping more lol), so I might try putting it on at like 9 pm instead when I have my protein shake. :dance2:

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
  10. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    All this talk of sleep issues is making me anxious, meditating makes me anxious, thinking about meditating makes me anxious :afraid:

It's not looking so good! I'm just playing. I have a hard time getting to sleep, but I usually sleep 7-8 hours when I do. I'm sure meditation could help me get to bed at a normal time, but it's so hard :cry:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    maybe if you play that song about the little fluffy clouds in arizona from the 90's. but idk you might just start doing this
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  12. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    On a less nerve wrecking note, I tried this salsa today
    [​IMG]

I'm sure it doesn't compare to fresh, homemade salsa, but it's pretty tasty :emoji_yum:

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  13. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    [​IMG]

That vector though!

14. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075

little fluffy clouds

• Love Love x 3
  15. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Which song is that?

I was watching a video yesterday, and the man speaking had the most monotonous voice I had ever heard. He started counting for some reason and I felt like he was counting sheep for me. I almost fell asleep before I finished the vid.

I should have saved that lol

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    This is me playing that damn game. Just walking around and then BAM....zombie wants to hug.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
    • WOW WOW x 1
  17. AlexZ

Ratings:
    +45,934
    Is that the game with that giant dominant hot chick? :emoji_yum:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  18. WalledPillow

Ratings:
    +8,634
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
  19. AlexZ

Ratings:
    +45,934
    @SunlitSunflower I need your help!!!! Please post that pic.

• LOL LOL x 2
  20. Slowdive

Slowdive Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,549
    Is that you, R. Crumb?

• LOL LOL x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.