08/12 - That's All, Folks Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Charlie Turksalot, Aug 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rissa86

Rissa86 Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    New Requester Profile!

Claire [A1PXJME5ELL7UU] New Dog Food Brand Consumer Survey(~ 10 minutes) - $0.75 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.68 / hour
    00:04:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [313304-312715] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -1832491290 N >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 80; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Claire's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. FrozzenPeas

FrozzenPeas New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    crystal.jiang@cityu.edu.hk [A2RSYN5UM9VSEZ] Survey about Health Behaviors(~ 15 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

For some reason my actual one got cancelled but still want to say my piece.

This HIT should honestly be the gold standard for what you can put as work on MTURK. I finished with 44$ an hour. Questions are clear and easy to understand and process. Questions weren't repeated multilple times. I wasn't pretty much spit on by the requester for wasting 3-5 minutes of my time to then have the audacity to ask for a college level essay paper for .80 damn cents.

I know that people from other countries do mTurk which drives the whole system down. Amazon could easily address this by seperating US/non us workers into different sites. While harshly enforcing the borders.

It honestly blows my mind some of the hits that you see. Like there is no way in hell this dude wrote that with a straight face.

If 3$ US is decent for someone in whatever country then it's understandable why hits that they are more often to target are lower paying. I also believe I remember reading that they straight up can't cash out to a bank either. So they trade for gift cards then get a fraction of that 2 weeks later. So that 10 cent hit was actually worth closer to 7 cents. They can't do the US only work any, and if they are using a VPN to lie and take hits from US workers then I disapprove of that hard and I hope those peoples accounts are banned.

I found Mturk almost 2 years ago. In that time i'm coming up on about 5k hits completed and a little over 2 grand banked. Beside the high rate of low quality hits gunking up the finder, I have nothing but postiive things to say about the site. With the way things are I have easily been able to clear 50$ a day. I work nights and am home by 7 am. An ideal time to start turking. Over the next 4-8 hours I can accumulate usually 30-50 dollars. I have tried all the other ways you can supposedly work from home or whatever but mTurk ;has been a pretty steady and consistent source of extra money that can literally be done while i'm doing other stuff on my computer like I was literally doing anyway.

If they actually put some effort into this place it could be amazing. Instead of everything being snapped up incredibly quickly I could actually sit down and steadily and actually work for 2-4 hours and end with 50-100 dollar bill in my pocket would be great. Damn near as good as a serving job honestly.

Well shit sorry for the rant I'll go ahead and call it their. It already rambled on a bit longer then I expected, so sorry about that fellas.

The most unfortunate part of this is the fact that we are all anonymous, which completely takes away our ability to really work together to improve the site and have someone checking hits to make sure that they are not insults. I wanna say that an almost digital strike from all of us could force their hand to finally improve on mTurk and even make it better.

TLDR: Great start, over abundance of workers, Give this guy a gold medal if a hit someone posts does not come close to this there should be a moderator that tosses it in the trash and to make the point clear to keep the payment money that was put in to cover the hits.

It's straight up child's advice. If you can't afford something then don't do it. I remember the first day i found this stie and looked it over. See a huge stack of receipts that are barely legible and are barely readable, each one easily taking 5-10 minutes paid a penny.

I hope you took the time to read my little rant here. Would love to hear others input. I'd really be interested in creating a discord for turkers to hang out in and maybe using power in numbers start to cleaning the site up and returning it to it's glory days. This is no different then any other job that you work with a computer. So it's not really physical labor but it's the same sort of labor as a lot of jobs.

/rant.

I will post when I have a discord set up. Thanks for reading. Good luck and stack good old grampa Benjamin.

• Yikes Yikes x 6
  3. messica

messica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +342
    Austin New [AN7T3BOI61NFZ] Use our App for 3 Days - Requires Android or iPhone on iOS 13 or higher - $3.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $19.85 / hour
    00:09:04 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 10 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Primary Mobile Device - iPhone EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;

To read Austin New's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  4. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    I don't want to sound rude, but no. The entire post, all of it, just no. Bad.

[​IMG]

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. AlexZ

Ratings:
    +45,934
    WAIT WTF IS THAT TEXT IN THAT GIF OMFG

• LOL LOL x 11
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  6. JJ0G40

JJ0G40 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,329
    Professional, makes great eye contact, but overlooks fine details :emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 5
  7. FrozzenPeas

FrozzenPeas New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    https://discord.gg/Qw8rNzxD

Here is the discord that I created for any mturkers that want to come. Invite your friends as well. If there is general interest shown I will definitely put some work into it. Right now it's fairly bare bones but if you have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions don't hesitate to send them my way. I want this to be more of just a laid back community for turkers to interact with eachother.

It's one of the things that is definitely missing with mTurk is the small frequency that you interact with other human beings.

Apes together strong!

• Yikes Yikes x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. messica

messica Active Turker

Ratings:
    +342
    Jason Dana [A2LBQRNT1ZHWB1] Short study(~ 4 minutes) - $0.60 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $25.41 / hour
    00:01:25 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [-520830857-312909] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Jason Dana's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. Slowdive

Slowdive Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,549
    That's what they all say.

• LOL LOL x 6
  10. Kayashi

Kayashi Titler

Ratings:
    +14,908
    if only there was a forum or something where people could communicate with other turkers

• LOL LOL x 14
    • Love Love x 2
  11. Jory R.

Jory R. Active Turker

Ratings:
    +93
    Astrid Norfelt [A2TDJPG78H95A3] Questionnaire on Perceptions, Tourism and Hospitality(~ 10 minutes) - $1.20 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.91 / hour
    00:09:06 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 6 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [978178049-312724] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Astrid Norfelt's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  13. redsfan33

redsfan33 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,719
    They could call it Turkerview Forums. No wait, that's a dumb name. What about Turkerhub.

• LOL LOL x 6
  14. Kayashi

Kayashi Titler

Ratings:
    +14,908
    there's already another, more popular hub though

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  15. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] 1 open-ended question - $0.14 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $25.20 / hour
    00:00:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 3 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1; TWL >= 10; Smart asistant Alexa In 1; Location EqualTo US;

To read PickFu's full profile check out TurkerView!

16. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    McDermott Experiments [A19YWY6E1CP566] Auditory Perception Study - Up to $3.13 BONUS possible for a total of $3.38 in ~10 minutes - $0.25 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.47 / hour
    00:01:26 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: one minute ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 1000; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read McDermott Experiments's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. AlexZ

Ratings:
    +45,934
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  18. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,469
    Jason Dana [A2LBQRNT1ZHWB1] Short study(~ 4 minutes) - $0.60 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.77 / hour
    00:01:44 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [1034250814-312913] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Jason Dana's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. sarin

sarin Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +4,286
    MTG, right

• Yikes Yikes x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. snarkygray

snarkygray Active Turker

Ratings:
    +341
    CATSLife Study [A2P7RGKE5CXIN8] Cognitive Tasks and Questionnaires about Personality - $10.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.33 / hour
    00:41:52 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Impossible (HIT Last Seen: 51 years ago)
    Qualifications:

To read CATSLife Study's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.