01/02 - Sweeping Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Jan 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,862
    The amount of people getting different scores on the qual test makes me wonder how much of a rejection shit-show the can-counting will be :emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. beto

beto Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,401
    I zoomed in and really took my time to get the best score too. lol

Edit: It just dawned on me that a bottle is not a can. It's been a long day trying to determine the color of the vehicle to right of the bus...but the vehicle was behind the bus...or was it?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  3. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Hmmm, I just realized that as well, but I counted the bottle and got 100. I swear I've seen these very same hits before though and I swear the requester used to actually reject people. At the very least it's probably a good idea since you're new (I think) to wait and see what happens with this batch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    The bottle was annotated in the last question. Right? So if you counted the bottle and counted the annotation correct then you'd have gotten two questions wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,862
    It was behind it. I was inside the bus, waving from the back, second row, since they are the same thing!
    There are certain brands of bottles that have dots, in addition to the cans. You are to count the bottle.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    Ozge Aybat [A2FKESJNA6ZFZ5] Consumers and Advertisements(~ 15 minutes) - $0.90 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $31.76 / hour
    00:01:42 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Asks a question about a person that fits a requirement, and technically, my son fit that requirement. So I put my son down. Then it kept asking me questions that really didn't apply to a 15-month-old and there was no comment box so I really don't know how this is gonna go.

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 14 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 85; Exc: [1537197028-338649] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Ozge Aybat's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Clayman364

Clayman364 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +185
    Alexandria [A12DWLY5TD1002] [QUALS] Guess on what happened between two observed events. - $0.80 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $30.97 / hour
    00:01:33 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 4 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: abductive-taken DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Total approved HITs > 5000;

To read Alexandria's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  8. Moonstone

Moonstone Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,265
    Alexandria [A12DWLY5TD1002] [QUALS] Guess on what happened between two observed events. - $0.80 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $24.00 / hour
    00:02:00 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 5 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: abductive-taken DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Total approved HITs > 5000;

To read Alexandria's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Is you vacation over now @Lumius ? Hope you had a happy and relaxed time off.

• Love Love x 2
  10. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Well, I didn't plan to Turk today, but stopped in while I was cooking, for the good batches! Hope your Holiday was great as well!

• Like Like x 1
  11. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Just occured to me what you said here. You know you can check your score by following the 'take test' link on the hit, right? You current score will be listed there and as far as I've seen always shows up there immediately after taking a qual test. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SAMMIC112

SAMMIC112 New Turker

Ratings:
    +18
    I have some questions about the named entity recognition hits. I hope this isnt frowned upon but I would like to be clear on how these work before I begin doing them. If the text were to mention Jack Sparrow..is it a person or a creative work? If it mentions the Capital One Rose Bowl..is it a sporting event or is Capital One an organization and Rose Bowl is a sporting event? If its not okay to answer this does anyone know where I can find a guide on these?

• Love Love x 1
  13. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    What is the requesters name? I don't think I've ever done these, but I'll take a look at them if I can find one.

14. SAMMIC112

SAMMIC112 New Turker

Ratings:
    +18
    Its MLDataLabeler. They also have the HITs where you have to outline the objects in the pictures. Im not sure if there are any HITs available for them right now, I just took the qualification HIT for the named entity recognition one and Im not certain how I even did.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,862
    https://worker.mturk.com/qualifications/3KSRR0ANT122SMZ0RLAC6X4UPTACH2
    You can click the qual link again, and get your score

As for Fictional Characters, Jack Sparrow is a person, (Pirates of the Caribbean would be the creative work).

The Capital One Rose Bowl's "Capital One" would be the "part of full title"/Proper adjective category, not an entity.

The full name would be "Capital One Rose Bowl" as the entity. (Part of the qual is getting all of the descriptors of the title, so you would select all four words)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  16. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Lol, I can't even look at those. I'm blocked by MLDataLabeler for some reason. I'm sorry

• LOL LOL x 2
  17. Slamoo

Slamoo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,079
    There's no guide that I can think of. I have completed that qual some time ago (I checked since you mentioned it) and only turned up a score of 83. As long as you score >80 on that test, you should be given access to another qual with a bonus (according to my submission history). Once both of these are complete and you've scored well enough, it will open their batch work for that task.

I don't think I've ever actually done any of their named entry batches or if I did, it was few and far between enough to get buried in their other batches I did work on.

I would take the test (since it is repeatable) and get the score >80. Once the qual hit opens up (it mentions a bonus in the title), then I would concern myself more deeply with the small nuances. I don't remember there being any curve balls on either of these (like those you mentioned), but again.. its been a long time since I did these HITs.

This same requester has some tests for bounding boxes and segs. I did not find them worth my time for the batch work, but the qual test and qual hit with a bonus were worthwhile. And .. you know.... ABQ ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Slamoo

Slamoo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,079
    On a related side note. The qual HITs with a bonus from MLD are only able to be completed once. I would take my time on these to get that bonus up and ensure you open the related batch work. Even if you don't plan on completing the related batches.. its nice to have the option for the slow periods.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,862
    You should definitely take your time the first time to get the best score, but you can actually take them again, monthly or so, whenever they repost.

Should do so on the bounding one at least. It is the easiest one, quick bonus makes it $30-100/hr. depending on how quick you are!
    Skip the repeats on the coloring each pixel one though!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  20. Udayram Patil

Udayram Patil New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    lisawiererlechner [A2RTG1Q205621R] Rate how well the description (text 1) describes the content in example text (text 2) - $0.20 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $19.46 / hour
    00:00:37 / completion time
    Rejected 1/1 HITs!
    Requester Feedback:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    random rejection

Catchability: Impossible (HIT Last Seen: 3 days ago)
    Qualifications:

To read lisawiererlechner's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.