01/10 - Mid-Winter Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by LumosDC, Jan 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fartarsenal

fartarsenal Active Turker

Ratings:
    +862
    mturk will find a way

• LOL LOL x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,179
    Holly Howe [A2URK9EZS9RWX7] Provide your opinion on 10 tweets(~ 10 minutes) - $1.20 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.03 / hour
    00:05:59 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Meh.

Look at 10 tweets and rate each over the same 6 traits. Short 3 question demographics at the end.
    Cons:
    Sliders. Had to wait 30 or so seconds to load all tweets.

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [336892042-339767] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Holly Howe's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 2
  3. bluecrayon

bluecrayon Turker

Ratings:
    +88
    Valery Pavlov, University of Auckland [A1T4G8R12E4CWL] Inventory management under uncertainty. The average payment is about $5 per 20 minutes - $2.00 $4.56 bonus | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $35.67 / hour
    00:11:02 / completion time
    Pros:
    Chance for a decent bonus if you play well
    Cons:
    4 minute video to watch which just reads the text that is also included below

Catchability: Expiring Now (HIT Last Seen: 85 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 10000; Newsvendor Experiment 2021 v00 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read Valery Pavlov, University of Auckland's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  4. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,863
    @lanaaa

https://forum.turkerview.com/goto/post?id=1957053#post-1957053

Reply from maze:

Thanks for getting in touch. I don't see any indication of us taking action to block you, but you won't be able to access most of our HITs right now unless you have the Masters qualification in Mturk. Historically, we've required the Masters qualification for all of our HITs. A few months back, we started an experiment where we opened the pool of testers up to all workers who had completed more than a certain number of tests with no rejections. Our goal was to improve the diversity and size of the pool of workers and we hoped through careful management of workers that we could manage the risk of quality issues.

Unfortunately, that ended up not being the case. We experienced a significant increase in fraudulent HITs submitted by workers acting in bad faith, which cost us significantly more time and effort to manage than we expected and which still resulted in a high rate of fraudulent workers slipping through the cracks. This resulted in negative feedback from our clients who demand higher quality responses than we were able to provide.

As a result of those findings, we ended the experiment at the end of November. You may see the occasional HIT from us that doesn't require the Masters qualification, but the majority of our HITs will require it for the foreseeable future. To be able to allow non-Masters access to our HITs, we would need to implement more stringent fraud detection and prevention mechanisms which isn't something we can prioritize at this time. If we do find a good solution there and discontinue requiring Masters qualification again, we can definitely let you know

• Like Like x 3
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    they ducked up season 8 finale and 8 years later they made another season to duck up the finale again. No more Dexter anymore? No more our friendly neighbor serial killer? no more doughnuts? Damn you Harrison!!! Damn you CT!!!

“You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain” — Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight (2008).

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. lanaaa

lanaaa Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,851
    What would they mean by fraudulent? Bots? You can't submit those HITs if you don't navigate correctly and there's hardly ever any writing so I can't think of anything else that would mess with the quality of submissions.

7. YarnAndCats

YarnAndCats Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +12,298
    I have so many feelings about this. I had a feeling it was coming but I'm not okay with it.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  8. ctgrd

ctgrd Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +291
    Daniel Rosenfeld [A1C8KOU9F497XR] Survey on Social Attitudes - $0.25 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.49 / hour
    00:01:46 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read Daniel Rosenfeld's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. YarnAndCats

YarnAndCats Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +12,298
    My guess is the ones that did require writing weren't getting enough quality answers or were getting answers from bots. It's unfortunate since many of us started after they stopped giving out Masters but I can understand why they did it. I am missing their HITs though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,863
    I saw on reddit that someone said you could skip most of the non-writing sections and still get a code, but I never did that personally.
    Since they technically only have a character count, you could probably put 1234567890 or aaaaaaaaaaa in the box, and submit, just like you did when you created your name! :p
    I'm sure if there is a loophole, someone looking to get paid for less work will find it!

• Like Like x 4
  11. fartarsenal

fartarsenal Active Turker

Ratings:
    +862
    most of my memories are foggy and vague but requesters and forum members who have run surveys/HITs have posted some of the results they get... any time there is a writing box you're guaranteed to get a whole lot of literal spam, even when you've supposedly vetted the pool of respondents. Sometimes bots, sometimes just people rushing/scamming. Its part of the reason those CR quals exist too, I imagine.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    this was peak MTV

• Like Like x 1
  13. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,179
    Sucks. I have been in your shoes for several "surgeries" where they had to put me under. It's hard when you live without a support system nearby, but I have been fortunate enough to have at least one person step up (co-worker, a friend, and my neighbor) for each. None of them have ever stayed with me and I always Uber to the hospital/surgery center. Also with Covid, most will just phone your ride when your are out of surgery. Even had one surgery center suggest my ride go shopping while I was under, lol.

As for your phone and wallet, I just leave the wallet at home and only ever bring my phone, ID, one credit card, and my insurance card. Usually they give you a bag to put your clothes in, so I put the cards in my shoe. And in my experience they usually let you fart around on your phone until its time to wheel you in, and then the nurse will put it in that same bag. I have never had an issue with my stuff thus far *knock on wood*.

Good luck! Hopefully with your list of things to check tomorrow you find something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  14. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,179
    Whoops, double post. Here is a cute cat gif instead.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  15. newmoon

newmoon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +49
    Holly Howe [A2URK9EZS9RWX7] Provide your opinion on 10 tweets(~ 10 minutes) - $1.20 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.67 / hour
    00:05:41 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: 36 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [336892042-339767] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Holly Howe's full profile check out TurkerView!

16. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Drew University Psychology [A1TMGNRNJFE8ZA] COVID-19 Health Beliefs and Perceptions Impact on Individual Response to Future Health Emergencies - $1.00 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.15 / hour
    00:05:23 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tons of writing at the end

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 9 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

To read Drew University Psychology's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  17. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Drew University Psychology [A1TMGNRNJFE8ZA] COVID-19 Health Beliefs and Perceptions Impact on Individual Response to Future Health Emergencies - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.29 / hour
    00:04:12 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 9 minutes ago)

To read Drew University Psychology's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    John Kevin [AC1TGWX1U5TKN] Welcome to participate in a survey for $0.2 - $0.20 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.00 / hour
    00:00:36 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read John Kevin's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Visitor Research [A1MV4OO92961X1] Answer a short survey (~5mins) about your attitudes about science - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $47.37 / hour
    00:01:16 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 30 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Age - 18 - 25 EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Visitor Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

20. Shelby Hicks

Shelby Hicks New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yu Luo [A13M087SC6RS10] Perception Game - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $36.00 / hour
    00:00:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

To read Yu Luo's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.