[Please Help!] Newb Question that is not showing in search.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Face Plant, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Face Plant

Face Plant New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Hello and Happy New Year, and thanks in advance for reading this post. I have searched online about this question and cant seem to find a answer.
    So I am a day 4 Turker and doing mostly surveys at this point. I am not comfortable giving out personal info but I have had 2 surveys ask for personal info. The first was an exact street address and today, first initial of first and last name and last 4 digits of phone number for conformation. The street address I just changed the numbers because had not thought through what I should do. The phone number I gave my Google voice number with actual first and last initial (stupid now I think about) and received a a confirmation text which I deleted with out opening. According to Bleepin Computer last week there is a Google Voice/Phone scam were scammers are hijacking Gmail accounts this way so they can lock folks out and start other scams with a victims Voice and Gmail accounts. Any suggestions on safety measures would be appreciated and do I report these things to mturk.
    Thanks again
    Face Plant:emoji_sunglasses:

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    Not sure about the safety measures, but asking for personal information is against Amazon's Terms of Service. You can report this to Amazon using the link in the bottom left corner when inside the HIT.

upload_2022-1-11_18-57-17.png

Additionally, you can report this to other Turkers by submitting a return review (you review the HIT, but do not submit):

upload_2022-1-11_19-4-4.png

Or through a normal review:

upload_2022-1-11_19-1-21.png

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  3. Face Plant

Face Plant New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate the heads up on report/review.

• Like Like x 1
  4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    No worries and welcome to the forums. If you post in the Daily thread, you tend to get faster responses.

5. Debbie4001

Debbie4001 New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the question and the response. I am feeling my way around before I get started Turking again.

• Like Like x 1