Cloud Research #2

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Yonsi, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Yonsi

Yonsi New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    I recently came back to mturk and apparently I have the CR Research #2 Qual? Not entirely sure how I got it but I noticed due to the lack of studies. Apparently it happened sometime nearly 2 years ago. Does this mean that I am effectively blacklisted? Does anyone know someone I can reach out to or a requalification test I can take or am I effectively screwed?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    Not much you can do. It is not granted via test. It is used to blacklist, but last I saw they were relying more on CR #1. https://www.cloudresearch.com/resou...ng-the-block-low-quality-participants-option/

You can try to email them and plead your case, but most emails tend to fall on deaf ears. support@cloudresearch.com

3. Yonsi

Yonsi New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    So if I get the CR #1 qual I can still participate in most studies? Is that the one where they say something like "fill this out and get more hits paying $10-$15 hr"?

4. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,116
    No, you can't get it if you have CR#2. You will just have to learn to turk without them. I'm in the same spot. CloudResearch is a hot mess and I actually feel better about working without getting involved in their fuckery.

5. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    I guess I could have made it a little clearer. What I meant is that they are shying away from using CR #2 as a disqualifier on the HITs and relying solely on CR #1 to do the heavy lifting.

As Jane pointed out, If you are already on the CR #2 list, you will likely never get on to CR #1 list.

Those generally generate TP quals. CR quals are the gatekeepers for all CloudResearch studies. TP quals are the little gates to let you into a specific study (e.g. target person who answers they are caregivers of elderly).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022