Mturk Worker Userscripts

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Kadauchi, Oct 22, 2017.

1. B1LLYBLANCO

B1LLYBLANCO Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +819
    KK, thanks for the quick reply. Im glad they Queue seems to be working though, that was the biggest one for me. So if I'm understanding right, are we just losing all the extra page requests we could use before having scripts run on whichever version of the site we werent actively using?

2. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Yes. It will be like it was before stuff was made for Worker, just reverse. So you will need to be extra mindful of what requests are really needed and what is not.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Juniper

Juniper Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,603
  4. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gurlondrums

gurlondrums Cracker of the Step Whip

Ratings:
    +76,023
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Is this through MTS? I just checked with Chrome, I don't see an update for mine yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Check the original post

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Got it. Thank you!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    @Lithiksha
    Look at the first post on yesterday's daily thread. Treasure trove of worker scripts.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    A compilation of currently Worker compliant scripts can be found here: https://turkerhub.com/posts/488680/

11. bubbleboy

bubbleboy Turker

Ratings:
    +595
    Is there a thread for providing feedback for Mturk Suite?

Thanks.

12. bubbleboy

bubbleboy Turker

Ratings:
    +595
    I'll just post my comments here for now:

Just got another MTS update, but I still don't see a way to send a HIT that HIT Finder finds to HIT Catcher.

When I click on the reward amount, it opens a new tab. But if that HIT is unavailable, I don't see the once and panda buttons to the right of "There are no more of these HITs available."

Yesterday, I was copying links from HIT Finder and pulling out the HIT ID numbers to manually add a watcher to HIT Catcher. It worked, but I don't want to do that every day!

Also, the legacy HIT Finder no longer exports the block list to the clipboard. How do I move the block list to the new HIT Finder?

Thanks!

13. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    This is because of Mturk's redirects. PC and others can't either.

It should be working, but don't worry, when legacy goes away the new HF will auto import it when you launch it after that update.

14. bubbleboy

bubbleboy Turker

Ratings:
    +595
    Thanks. So that functionality is gone forever?

If I need to move things to HIT Catcher manually, I may quit mturk after 15 months. It was only bearable because I could let the script search for higher-paying HITs while I did others that were available. Yesterday, I earned half my normal income -- not enough on a weekly basis to even buy groceries -- because I needed to manually add the HITs to HIT Catcher.

15. Warkelton

Warkelton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi @Kadauchi , I was wondering if you could update the Hit Finder Beta grease monkey script. It was working on the Worker site before but seems to be broken now. I do not use chrome and would prefer a grease monkey extension rather than a plugin so I was using this to get the Hit Finder functionality.

16. CM3Turk

CM3Turk Turker

Ratings:
    +49
    I am new to TurkerHub! Hello ALL! I woke up to chaos today. Car got totaled after I hit a deer, then I bought another car and it is overheating the day after I got it, then I go to work on Mturk and the old worker site is GONE! I miss my database :( I can't live without it!

17. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    I am not updating this in the foreseeable future.

18. Warkelton

Warkelton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I ask why not? Would a donation change your mind? This doesn't give FF users or users who want to stick with userscripts vs addons many options

edit: I notice now the Greasyfork page has been deleted, and your github repo for Mturk suite is blank. This makes me uncomfortable in terms of transparency even if I was a Chrome/Chromium user. Do you have any timeline on when the FF version will be released and when the accompanying source will be released? What are the terms on the code that you just removed if I wanted to correct it and make a fork? It looks like there were other users on Greasyfork/Github who wanted and update

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  19. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    A donation would not, and actually purchase would. The code isn't even minified and it is sure easy to pull the source (especially since the is only worker.js and background.js if you exclude HF/HC). Firefox MTS is being submitted with the 2.0 update Sun or Mon. Take it, idc. I removed it because I'm not dealing with it for the time being.

20. Warkelton

Warkelton New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the difference between a donation and purchase? Also will the github be updated with source before the FF release? That would help a lot