02/15 - Why Not Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Girl Polar Bear, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,404
    1 hour left for dibs!
    if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

2. Fullofbooks

Fullofbooks Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,221
    okay about to be pushing $70. i should really stop. Poor buddy wants to watch TV with me but every check-in I am like "Still money to be made!" XD

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  3. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    This is amusing me lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
  5. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    Title: Identify anomalous regions in time series | PANDA
    Requester: Kate [AVD7WFBWICEN0] (Contact)
    TO: This requester currently has no TO reviews. [url=Leave one!
    Description: Select regions of time series that contain anomalies described in the accompanying text
    Time: 30 minutes
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.40
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Location is one of:;
    This HIT was posted through TurkerHub xPort Script v2.1 • Learn MoreInstall Here
    around 1:40

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 7
  6. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    Does anyone else randomly get terrified that they will like lose their mturk account for no reason? Ive been doing this for many years and still have this irrational fear that one day itll just be blocked. XD

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    Oh yeah. And it's not even that irrational. Catch a block from an Endor requester, receive dozens of blocks, straight to the banhammer with no judge+jury. :emoji_confounded:I'm scared to change my payments address even though I only moved like 20 miles. :p

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  8. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Yes! I joined in 2008 and in 2014 they suspended my account because I changed my payments account to a business at one point. I at that point needed turk for my living after getting hurt. Well they told me after weeks of calls that they can't change the payments account back to personal and I would have to start over "if Amazon will approve your new account as they may not need more workers at this time" I thought I was eff'd

9. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    What still blows my mind is they could not simply adjust the information from business back to personal ...like isn't maybe 3 bubbles and light writing with a single button push :emoji_thinking:

10. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    That's exactly the kind of thing I was talking about lol. I also love how mturk/payments support sometimes suggests 'just make a new account' for the simplest things like changing a state qual or moving residences. Sure, I'll just violate the ToS because an Amazon employee said it was okay. :rolleyes:

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    omg now I am scared af. O_O I thought it was irrational, my fear. HAHA

12. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    I was legit worried cuz as a legal tax paying citizen I was denied temp disability 6 times :emoji_joy: so needed turk bad right then. In the end all my accounts were new and I lost some killer old school quals due to their dumb Like come on I am pretty computer stupid at times but I know damn well they could have simply changed that payments account back to personal

13. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    Yeah, I need it for sure right now cause I am disabled. I guess thats why I get scared randomly.

14. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Only advice i can give is not let it wreck your head to the point you don't turk....... and just NEVER change anything on your payments account

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    I had to change my email at one point and was really glad it didnt eff anything up. I want to get a real bank acct but wont change my amex card. O_O I wonder what happens when it expires. I wonder if I get a new routing number. D:

16. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Oh I forgot this part so as payments tells me I made new payments account then head over to the turk "office" to get the payments account changed to the new one and they say : oh we can't do that a payments account can't ever be changed" lol so another week of phone calls and I finally gave in and made a new turk account and went through the entire newb process again with the 10 day 100 etc etc crap.

17. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Do you use bluebird?

18. Fullofbooks

Ratings:
    +1,221
    yes

oh man. Starting over is scary but whats scarier is a lot of people I suggested try turking lately have been denied so.....eesh... D: Even scarier.

19. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Me too and when you get a regular bank account you can link BB to it so you can swap the turk cash to the bank after it is deposited on the BB card if you need to. That way you never have to change it on payments also when the card expires the new one is already linked to that same routing number so no worries there either

• Love Love x 1
  20. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    LMAO uhhh sorry. :emoji_sweat_smile: I think the biggest reason we feel this way is because MTurk is so opaque when it comes to a lot of these issues. Another way to think of it is to turk every day like it's your last! :emoji_metal:

Good lordies... :emoji_confounded: Yeah, I was wondering if you had to actually go and make a new account. That's brutal right there. I'm a believer in account age being a big factor for getting Masters... your old account probably would have gotten it during the last round. Hell, it probably DID get Masters. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.