Hey Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Schwifty, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schwifty

Schwifty New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Well I'm new to both MTurk in general as well as this forum.

I've been doing this 1 or 2 weeks, but only now researching more on MTurk.

Honestly, I don't understand most of it.. I know scripts make it easier, but it seems like it's still missing stuff. (MTurk site)

There's no list or option to search for requesters. I've got to click "Take Test" on an offer from a requester.
    Info:
    Sex: M
    Mturk Experience / Skill / Knowledge Lvl: Beginner
    Contact info: Ask me for Discord if needed.

I'm not, at the moment, able to upload a pic of me for my avatar, so I hope this one will do until then.
    If not, I will remove it.

Well I think that's it. I hope this was a good intro. See you all around and good luck.

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    [​IMG]

Here's a post I wrote for someone else as an intro to using scripts
    If you know a requester name you can search for them in the search box at the top of the page. If you see a hit from a requester and want to see more from them, you can click their name on the search results page to show everything that they have available right now.

As for the "Take Test" thing, I think you're referring to a qualification. Requesters add quals to hits to limit the people who work on them to those that meet certain criteria. Some quals you can take a test to get, others are given out after completing other work for the requester, some are based on how much work you've already done on the site, and some are given out by MTurk.

Speaking of which, you should do the hits by this requester https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/AXKBO5V1Y75RL/projects?ref=w_pl_prvw

If nothing shows up under that link open "Filter" at the top of the page and change the reward to Pays at least 0. Those hits are used by Mturk to give out demographic quals that requesters sometimes use.

3. ClassicChump

ClassicChump Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,051
    Welcome!

Lots of HITs tend to dissappear as quick as they come.

Always be sure to check out the daily work thread, where most of the general discussion ( And most of the surveys worth doing) get posted throughout each day. https://turkerhub.com/forums/daily-mturk-hits-threads.2/

[​IMG]

4. marcusdavvid

marcusdavvid Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,187
    [​IMG]

5. Asylus

Asylus Active Turker

Ratings:
    +2,029
    [​IMG]

You'll get the hang of it, especially with the assistance given on the daily forums, and also make sure to check out TurkerView when you do catch tasks! A good way to make sure you aren't wasting time on a poor hourly (I've only been doing this for a year and my first few months I was doing ANYTHING for a dollar...mind out of the gutter people)

[​IMG]

6. Havoc928

Havoc928 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +818
    Welcome! Daily HIT thread is where the action is at for either social or Turking pretty much 24/7

Also Turkview > TO

7. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
    [​IMG]

Welcome! Would you be interested in hearing about the way of the bow? :bowpeek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.