Akin [Qualification Test] - Official Message to Turkers who responded

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Akin, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Dear All,

For those who took the time out to answer 'Akin [Qualification Test] 'assignment yesterday, thank you very much.

We had stated a Turker needed to answer 20 questions before being awarded a qualification. But most of you couldn't get to 20 HITs before they were taken up by someone else. Our apologies - we should have designed the HIT better. We are working on fixing it - so you are likely to see a similar qualification test but with 20 questions in the same HIT rather than individual ones.

We are grateful that quite a few of you took the time out to reach out to us and we responded via email to each one of you.

We wish to make it clear that we never intended to approve/reject workers within MTurk based on the responses and affect their history on MTurk. As a matter of fact, all the results have been approved and each one of you should have received a notification confirming such. We will award a custom qualification though based on the accuracy for all those workers who answered >15 HITs in the same category. If the accuracy of someone’s test is high, those workers can take up our future assignments which will be paid ones. For those who couldn't, there will be a new one up as soon as we have fixed the layout.

Hope this clarifies the confusion our qualification test created.

We appreciate the efforts of the Turker community and look forward to working together.

Best,
    Akin Team

• Like Like x 10
  2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    :wave: thanks for reaching out.

Most definitely will. A lot of terminology can get mixed up between requesters/workers, I remember seeing someone discussing these HITs wondering if they'd get rejected for not getting to 20 (which, as y'all figured out, can be kinda difficult for workers to do on such a competitive platform haha) so definitely appreciate y'all dropping by to clarify :)

3. queenpenguin

queenpenguin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,523
    Like me seeing it paid $0.00 and wondering about rejection. sorry I had a bad experience with some requester posting $0.00. glad you are here to clarify about rejection.

4. Zorseshoes

Zorseshoes Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Thanks for posting. I tried to do one of your quals yesterday and was only able to catch 11 of them. I did not think you would reject, but I figured there was no point in trying to qualify on the other characteristics since I had no way of knowing whether I'd manage to do 20 of them. I am looking forward to seeing the redesigned HIT when it is posted.
    I did not email you because I knew of at least 3 people who were doing so, and I figured you would be swamped in emails. Thanks for being so responsive.

5. mrnotoriousman

mrnotoriousman Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +20,112
    wrong thread, whoops!

6. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,296
    Glad you reached out and will be putting out a new qual test. I was only able to get 12 hits on 2 of the categories. I'm pleased to be able to get another chance at the qual.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Thank you very much all. We have just posted a new HIT where all 20 questions are on the same screen. Let us know, should you face any problems.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    I looked it up, and went to click on it and it said there were no more left. Now I don't see any when I search. Guess they got snatched up really quickly?

9. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Potentially, yes. But we will post 3 more , similar to the one for a different trait, over the next 24 hours. Wanted to make sure that people didn't face any challenges with this one.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  10. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,296
    I caught it on panda. 10 minute timer so it's bound to get tossed back or expire from someone who wasn't paying attention.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  11. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    That's good to know.

12. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085

13. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Thank you to all those who responded. Appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    Yeah, I definitely lost mine to the timer.

15. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Keen to know why that might be the case. Did going through the instructions take time or did you get distracted with something etc etc?

16. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    Oh, I caught it but didn't realize the timer was 10 minutes, and I went to finish something I was working on before doing the qual.

17. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Okay

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zorseshoes

Ratings:
    +1,252
    I may be too late on this one, but I'm certainly going to try to catch the other three.

19. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    More qualification tests posted.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Zorseshoes

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Yesterday, IIRC, you said we needed 80% correct to receive the qual. This time, the HIT said the qual would be granted to people who finish in the top 20%. Have the criteria changed, or do I remember yesterday's incorrectly?