Big howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CaliforniaSurfBoy, Jul 28, 2019.

1. CaliforniaSurfBoy

CaliforniaSurfBoy New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello! My name is Cameron and I am a 39 y/o disabled veteran. Even though I signed up for mTurk years ago, I actually only did my first hit 3 weeks ago.

I'm doing mTurk to earn extra income to help out the wife and kids but, more than anything, its about self worth. It has been a hard adjustment going from working for 22 years and being head of the household to being unemployed, disabled, and dealing with a lot of health issues. mTurk is one of several things helping me return to that feeling of being productive and useful once again.

Goal for month was $250 but I'm already at $390 with 3 days left (besides waiting on hits and bonuses to be paid which will push that higher) so I am extremely pleased.

July Stats (so far)
    Approved hits - 4,782
    Pending - 714
    Rejections - 1
    Per Hit Average - 0.082
    Overall Wage - 4.96/hr

Future goal? I'd love to reach those $1,000 month levels I read about in the forums but am settling on a more realistic $400.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the forum! You should check out the daily thread if you have any questions!

• Like Like x 1
  3. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,744
    Hi and welcome! Congratulations on exceeding your first month's goal! Hope to see you around the daily thread, that's where most folks hang out.
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  4. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    The best advice I could give you is to keep an eye out on those qualification HITs, but I have a feeling you'll do quite fine even without much help or advice! Welcome to the thread and best of luck to you. Hope to see you in the daily threads!
    [​IMG]

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. marcusdavvid

marcusdavvid Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,187
    Getting to 5000 approved HITs is an important step for bigger bucks.

[​IMG]