[Script] Help a script rookie?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by mentalfengshui, Jul 13, 2019.

1. mentalfengshui

mentalfengshui New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    I've been doing Mturk for about a year and a half now, and I'm about to reach 80,000 HITs, so I'm pretty well versed on the site in general.

What I'm NOT well versed on are scripts. Aside from super basic Mturk Suite stuff, I've just been doing everything manually. It has worked for me up to this point, but now I'm interested in improving my numbers, especially during the dry season.

For example, A9 has almost 100,000 penny HITs up. Usually I'd ignore these, but since the site is dead right now, and I'm fighting for every penny, I wouldn't mind doing them if I knew how to use scripts. As it is, I can make around $3 an hour on them, but if I could double that (or more) with a script, it would be worth the grind.

I spent an hour trying to get a grip on using scripts. I even found one for A9 Data Validation and copy/pasted it into Tampermonkey, but I can't get it to work. I tried trouble shooting, but all the information I've found is either outdated, or ambiguous.

So I guess I'm asking two things here:

1. Does anyone know how to get a decent A9 Data Validation script working for Chrome?

2. Can anyone provide me with general hints/tips on using scripts/assistance programs to make my overall Mturk experience smoother?

In other words, what are the things you now use that you can no longer imagine living without?

Thank you for any help or advice you can offer!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    • Like Like x 4
  3. mentalfengshui

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you! I'll take advantage of the slow period to explore your links.

4. WillowWolf

WillowWolf Mischief Managed

Ratings:
    +39,578
    I made this one for someone last night that pre-selects "neither" and "very confident" but I can alter it right quick if you want something else selected for them. But still definitely use the links posted above. :)

Code:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name       A9 shoes 2
    // @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
    // @version      1.0
    // @description neither very confident
    // @author       WillowWolf
    // @match        https://www.mturkcontent.com/dynamic/*
    // @grant         GM_log
    // @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.1.1.min.js
    // ==/UserScript==
    $('input[value="1"]').click();
    $('input[value="neither"]').click();

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mentalfengshui

Ratings:
    +3
    That's incredibly kind of you!

Coincidentally, I already got linked to your script, and I figured out how to alter it to my preferences (changed 'neither' to 'Shoe 1a' and 'Shoe 2a').

It's the first time I've ever touched a code, so can I take a moment to be embarrassingly proud about something that's probably the coder's equivalent of writing the word 'and' in a sentence?! (turns out the big secret was to find the specific values in the page source and apply it to the script value!!)

Thank you again :) I'm hoping to get more in touch with scripts on Mturk, so would you be against me possibly bothering you with simple questions if I ever get hopelessly stumped?

6. WillowWolf

WillowWolf Mischief Managed

Ratings:
    +39,578
    Great job! You should be proud. :emoji_grinning: You can bother me, if it's simple. lol I don't do much more than the basics, so it's likely you could stump me, too.

7. mentalfengshui

Ratings:
    +3
    Simple for me = :leftyhyperflail:

So you're probably :gym: relatively speaking!

• LOL LOL x 1