[Please Help!] What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Kathryn Fessia, Feb 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kathryn Fessia

Kathryn Fessia New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I watched the install video, I already have Tampermonkey and run other scripts, I installed TV, I put the API key into MTS, fixed the script in panda helper, and I entered the API on AMT. I also fixed the third party cookie problem. I refreshed the page, and the view and hit buttons weren't there, so I accepted a HIT and went to my queue and they weren't there either. I can't figure out what I've missed. It's probably something really simple :emoji_grin:

Thanks!

2. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    Can you clarify what you mean by, the VIEW and HIT buttons please? I'm not 100% clear on what you mean by that.

Do you see these at the top left corner your HITs page on Mechanical Turk? Please click the image to enlarge it.

upload_2019-2-6_3-57-58.png

Does your Mechanical Turk Dashboard show these tabs at the top left corner of your screen directly below your Worker ID?

upload_2019-2-6_4-0-30.png

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Kathryn Fessia

Ratings:
    +1
    In the video she talks about and shows 2 boxes as she calls them. I don't have those, I have some graph looking icons. Maybe those are the same thing? This is what I see, it does show TurkerView review info when I click on them, its just different from the video so I thought I was missing something. Should I also be able to review from here or only after I submit a HIT?

I hope that helps explain...

mturk TV.PNG

4. HardWorkingTurker

Ratings:
    +4,932
    The video might have some outdated graphics but YES, your TV box (the one you hover over or click on to get the data is the bars graphic (TurkerViewJS Logo). It looks like a bars chart. :)

On the left you have two bar graphics, one comes from your MTS extension, while the other comes from your TurkerView script. The graphic between the two comes from MTS and shows Turkopticon review data. On the right, next to the HIT title, you have the same graphics. These provide review and rating data for the HIT, while the ones on the left show you review and rating data for the Requester. Sorry for the sloppy writing, I can't write with a mouse. It's infernally difficult.

upload_2019-2-6_4-19-2.png

What TurkerView HIT data should look like when you hover over the bars chart graphic (TurkerViewJS Logo) next to the HIT title:
    upload_2019-2-6_4-28-51.png

What TurkerView Requester data should look like when you hover over the bars chart graphic (TurkerViewJS Logo) next to the requester name:

upload_2019-2-6_4-31-48.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Kathryn Fessia

Ratings:
    +1
    Awesome, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. HardWorkingTurker

Ratings:
    +4,932
    You will only be able to review HITs on TurkerView if you've submitted them. Once you've submitted a HIT, you can review it by clicking the TurkerView icon at the upper-left corner of any Mechanical Turk page:
    upload_2019-2-6_5-50-49.png

After clicking the TurkerView icon, you'll get a pop up box that lists all the HITs you've submitted during the last 3 days (today, yesterday, and the day before). You can select previous days from the dropdown menu with the word "Today" on it.

upload_2019-2-6_5-59-11.png

After choosing a HIT to review by clicking the blue "Review" icon, you'll see something that looks like this. Some data such as completion time will be pre-filled. If you need to correct for interruptions or other factors you can adjust your completion time. You may also rate communication if you got in touch with the requester and he/she was responsive or unresponsive to messages, otherwise leave it unrated.

upload_2019-2-6_6-13-12.png

From this page, simply write your review, marking pros and cons or advice to the requester, if you have any, and submit it. You may also choose to submit it as is, without comments. "Submit Only" will show your review only on the requester's TurkerView page. "Submit & Share" will do the same thing in addition to making your review visible in the daily thread, allowing anyone watching the thread to get real time data which will help them decide whether or not to work on the HIT.

Hope this answers the second part of your question.:)