02/13 - Waggin' Tail Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana*

Ana* H&R Blockhead

Ratings:
    +27,162
    Title: Cooperation Decisions(~ 20 minutes) [ $ | $ ] PANDA
    Requester: Talbot Andrews [A3L2WI8BUC649A]
    TurkerView: [ $ / hour ]
    Description: Participate in an experimental research study that involves a group interaction. You could earn up to 150¢ in bonuses!
    Duration: 01:00:00
    Available: 0
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications:
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98,
    • Location In US,
    [3TCGLRK80I80IEVOGTPJS7W9SGHZQS]

2. splishsplash

splishsplash Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,136
    I'm just saying depending on your needs, and what you want to spend, you can build your own code-quality extension cords with portable outlets that aren't jury-rigged disaster-prone crap. For 220v appliances and other hotel needs. You can also pay an Electrician to do it and it'll be $$$.

Or you can get the generator hookup to your panel which is what you're doing and is best.

Just hate to see people use scrawny, out-of-code wires and A Christmas Story setups when that's totally avoidable. They make armored cables and boxes for use on work sites that you can run over with a tractor and lay in the mud.

But you don't need that and I'm rambling...

3. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    Get paid fairly: This requester is using the Fair Work script to bring pay rates up to the minimum wage specified in the Turker-authored We Are Dynamo guidelines. Fair Work does this by measuring completion times and then auto-bonusing workers to meet the desired hourly wage if needed.
    Please report how much active work time this task took you, rounded to the nearest half minute. If you are far off from the median time report across all workers for this task, indicating a lack of good-faith estimation, you may be removed from Fair Work bonus eligibility. Bonuses are sent out daily. By participating, you acknowledge and consent to the Fair Work IRB.

This is not the official Stanford Fair Work deployment. This copy of Fair Work is run by: Your Admin Name, chris.mturk@CT.com.

This is a separate instance of the Fair Work code run by an independent researcher. Running a separate instance is legitimate (a researcher may not want Stanford to hold a hashed copy of their keys), however it does not allow Stanford's Fair Work team to manage or intervene. Please do not contact Stanford about this deployment; it is governed by this researcher's IRB instead.
    INSERT YOUR IRB WORKER AGREEMENT HERE

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  4. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    @morweeg my husband just said "ugh gotta roll the stupid dice 5 times and report what you got against 5 non existent people" I asked him if he reported 6's each time. He said "No, that would be cheating" :emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  5. Ezridax

Ezridax Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,795
    I think I’ll just die.
    I actually had a 911 call for a girl who knew she was allergic to shrimp and ate them anyway... She didn’t even have an epi pen with her. (Don’t worry, I saved her so she can eat shrimp another day)

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  6. ram6414

ram6414 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +308
    It can be if you don't cook him dinner often. Or make your Uber Eats choice a surprise!

7. Babadooba

Babadooba Active Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    Jane Edco [A02083613H11QIJB1H2CW] Quick survey about romantic relationship advice. Earn $0.50 (~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.22 / hour
    00:01:21 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95;
    To read Jane Edco's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Understandable. Shrimp's pretty good.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    If they say no cause it's too expensive then I may DM you to get more info if you don't mind.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Babadooba

Babadooba Active Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    Zach [A1V586C08V8EBZ] Recalling personal events - $0.60 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.50 / hour
    00:01:36 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 80; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Zach's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Ezridax

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Oh, I didn’t mean UberEats. I refuse to order food from uber anymore. They raised the delivery rates without paying drivers any more.
    I actually meant driving for uber. Lol
    Totally. I was with her on that.

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. splishsplash

splishsplash Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,136
    She needs to keep that lip tucked in.

• WOW WOW x 1
  13. jajeawar

jajeawar Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,412

Shrimp is freaking delicious!

• Love Love x 1
  14. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    Tagging onto your post here. Seconded on joico! Well, MOST of their stuff. Color intensity metallics by them SUCKS SO HARD. It did LITERALLY NOTHING to my hair. I use their lightener on the reg. I like Wella pretty well, tho I used the koleston perfect which I believe is the pro version? Manic Panic is a good standby but HOLY HELL,that shit will last wayyy longer than you want for some colors. I had a very unfortunate dark green incident that would not wash out and I had to bleach it out of my hair. It was a nightmare! Pravana is a bit pricey-ish, but have generally good experiences with their pink and reds. Also, LOVVEDD Schwarszkopf for lighter pinks and purples that lasted a good while, and I've had good experiences with Ion as far as perm colors, but not so much semi-perm.

Also 1 million percent recommend olaplex at home stuff. I use the shampoo (so does Matt) and it WAY helps keeping my hair from going disaster mode. It's pricey BUT we've had a 28 dollar bottle for like 2 months and are are maybe 1/3 of the way thru? That stuff is super effective and you don't need much at all. If you're dying your hair a lot, honestly worth using something that will maintain your hair so you dont fucking ruin it. I also use their hair bonding treatment (called like #3 or whatever? I can pull it up) and IT MAKES SUCH A DIFF. My hair holds onto color really well with that stuff. I bleached the shit out of my hair for so long that my hair was too porous for copper reds and after a few at home treatments with that stuff, voila! I use that stuff for a treatment before I dye my hair and the shampoo is my holy grail. I used to use protein fillers but find I do not have to with this stuff. It's worth its weight in gold for me and it's cheaper than getting it salon done (or even a similar treatment) and it literally repairs the bonds in your hair, so it's not like a bandaid solution of a deep conditioner. Having relatively healthy hair is one of the most important things when it comes to being able to color it cool shades because damaged hair is too porous and weak to hold onto color.

This has been hair care talk, with birdie!

• Love Love x 1
  15. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Whoa. That's nuts. (ba dum tisss)

I'm allergic to all NSAIDs. So aspirin, motrin, advil, flexeril, anything in that group of drugs. I can take Tylenol, but that isn't as effective, especially if I have inflamed muscles or something. There have been moments where I've been in enough pain where I've thought, "You know, I have an epi pen, and I can get myself to the ER before the anaphylaxis kicks in and I am in massive pain here..." but I've never done it.

I have, on accident, consumed some not knowing it was an ingredient in something I was taking. Like Alka-Seltzer. I had no clue it had aspirin in it until I took it at work (we were all hung over and taking it) and then about 20 mins later I realized I had a problem and was taken to an ER in San Francisco on one of the hottest days of the year so the ERs were booked and I had to ride around in an ambulance for an hour before they found a place to take me. And I had to explain like 50 times that I DID NOT take it on purpose! And I promise to start reading labels and could the doctors please write me down all the possible names for aspirin that aren't aspirin? The paramedic in the ambulance just sat next to me with epinephrine ready to go but I was ok...he shot me with Benadryl so that took effect. I hate epinephrine and refuse it when I'm allowed to do so.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  16. Babadooba

Babadooba Active Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    EJ Anderson [A2UWUVT0VOESDX] Goal Maintenance Study - $1.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $27.98 / hour
    00:03:13 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 96; Location EqualTo US; Previous Participant DoesNotExist ;
    To read EJ Anderson's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Title: Work in teams on tasks - bonus up to $10.5 / hour (1550099094544) [ $ | $ ] PANDA
    Requester: Stanford HCI [A2OBPXCZ1Q3PFU]
    TurkerView: [ $34.03 / hour ]
    Description: Work in groups to write ads for new products or make decisions on scenarios. This task will take approximately 50 minutes. There will be a compensated waiting period, and if you complete the entire task you will receive a bonus of $8.74.
    Duration: 08:00:00
    Available: 1
    Reward: $0.01
    Qualifications:
    • hasBanged DoesNotExist [ Request | How to Use ]
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500,
    • Location In US,
    [37A2SHHJCA6SGYI4KY3EX8T00G7JKV]

18. awdrf

awdrf Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Geoffrey Goodwin [A3N3G3O5S1YHWF] Short psychology study about your attitudes (2 min) - $0.20 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.00 / hour
    00:01:00 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 96; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Geoffrey Goodwin's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    dammit CT you scared me. I was like WTF DID I DO TO MA COMPUTER!!!!!!!! Then I actually started reading and paying attention to what was going on. lol

20. Ezridax

Ratings:
    +1,795
    I’m really just shocked they don’t have a better plan for when the ERs are booked! Driving around? No. We had a website that told us that info, and if everyone close was crowded, too bad.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.