What to do about this rejected HIT

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Support' started by blanksmaiden, Apr 14, 2019.

1. blanksmaiden

blanksmaiden Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +261
    I recently took an Uber passenger survey from this requester:
    https://turkerview.com/requesters/A3U9BML6XTC8CU-my

And my survey was rejected for "Not enough time spent doing survey." I am a worker with over 1700 hits approved at the moment with over 99% approval rate, paid attention to all questions, answered fairly and honestly, and according to Turkerview I am a average/below average HIT speed worker. I have contacted them twice about this issue without a response. Furthermore, the review page says they haven't rejected any HITs, when my review clearly states mine was rejected.

Does anyone have any advice for situations like these? I'd really like to retain a high approval rating, and I don't feel I was treated fairly here.

Please let me know if there's a better place to discuss this topic and I can move the thread there.

Thanks.

edit: I've also emailed Amazon MTurk support about this issue, hopefully they can help.

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    If emailing them doesn't work your only real recourse is if it was a university study. If you can track down their IRB you can shoot them an email. Failing that you can try to figure out who their boss is or email their department head. At some point you'll end up spending more time on this than it's worth and it's better to just shrug and accept it.

At the end of the day there's not a lot you can do past that. If you're fairly quick you will likely get a rejection here and there for it even though it's not fair. Unfortunately it comes with the territory especially when working for newer requestors.

As for the review not showing up. If you haven't posted any/many reviews I think they don't get publicly displayed right away, but that might not be the case any more. :dunno: @ChrisTurk could probably help with explaining that.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. blanksmaiden

Ratings:
    +261
    Thanks for your help. I don't think the requester is a university, they're only named "MY". As for my reviews, I've posted over 300 reviews of HITs (edit: 372 reviews to be exact) and my review shows up for me on the requester's page. I'd just like people to be aware that this requester is unfairly rejecting HITs.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  4. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Yeah I don't see any reviews when I open it up which is odd given the number of hits posted. It could be a problem with that review page for whatever reason. I tagged CT earlier so I imagine he'll look into it when he's around, I haven't seen him post today so he's probably busy with not forum stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blanksmaiden

Ratings:
    +261
    Thanks for you reply, I do hope I hear from CT that my reviews are showing up or if there's some sort of problem. I've done quite a few and they all show up for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    No problem, I'm guessing it's a problem with that reviewer's page. The only reason I suggested it might be because you're new was you didn't have a lot posts on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blanksmaiden

Ratings:
    +261
    Fortunately they contacted me a few days ago agreeing to change it to approved, and they just now approved the HIT. I will update the review on their page. Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019