Hi, I'm new to mturk and I have some doubts

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by terminatorxc, Apr 23, 2019.

1. terminatorxc

terminatorxc Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Well I wanted to know how to get better hits?

And also if somehow it affects me to abandon the hits by closing the window without pressing return or is it the same? Because at the beginning I did not understand the platform very well and now it appears in ratings

HIT abandonment rate (%) 7

HIT return rate (%) 22

They affect to get hits?

2. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    In 99.99999999999999999999999999% of cases, abandonment and return rates won't affect your ability to do a HIT.

• Love Love x 1
  3. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Abandon and Return rates are very very rarely used as qualifications. You don't really need to worry about those.

You seem to be using some scripts already, since I'm pretty sure those stats don't show up by default, but this post I made about using scripts might still be helpful:
    Super beginners guide to scripts

The main thing is learning to use a scraper script to look for work and a catcher script to get hits.

• Love Love x 1
  4. terminatorxc

terminatorxc Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you very much, I am calmer

Another thing that I would like to know is somewhere in the forum where you show your daily earnings in mturk

Or could you tell me what the daily average is and how new should it be to generate dollars?

5. terminatorxc

terminatorxc Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    That's right, I'm already using a turkerview script, I'll read about the rest of what he said, thank you very much, what a great community :emoji_slight_smile: