Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by natasha fatale, Jun 26, 2019.

1. natasha fatale

natasha fatale New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    I'm a 48-year-old housewife, trying to earn some money. I have social anxiety issues and other assorted health problems and prefer not to leave the house. I just started doing this last Saturday and haven't really made much (it says 15 dollars but most of my hits haven't been approved so what's the point lol). Anyway, hello and nice to be here I hope to learn a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    Welcome! Feel free to drop into the daily threads - that's where most of the conversation will be.

In regard to the approvals, some requesters take time. Also, the one's you're going to be limited to at the beginning of your time on mTurk are some of the crappy paying ones. Just keep at it, and eventually you'll break the 1,000, 1,500, and 5,000 HIT mark which will essentially open you up to the vast majority of available HITs out there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    :wave:

Hello and welcome. Make sure to stop by the daily thread if you haven't already. That's where everyone hangs out and you can pick up a lot of tips just listening to everyone. It's also a good place to ask questions.

Hits get auto-approved after 30 days so that's the absolute longest you have to wait for that, but it's pretty rare that it will take that long.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,749
    Welcome! Hope to see you around the daily threads!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. kluchessi

kluchessi Active Turker

Ratings:
    +513
    Ello Ello. Welcome to The Nut Hou.....*ahem*..... The Neighborhood! We are normal......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. natasha fatale

Ratings:
    +15
    Thank you for the nice welcome folks I will check out the daily thread, looks like you are my kind of people :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Welcome!

We do have a squirrel around here, but oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be a moose. :emoji_thinking:

If you haven't started using scripts yet you may want to check out this guide that I wrote: Super beginners guide to scripts

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  8. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Welcome. You are not the only one here who is turking for income because of health issues. This is a good bunch of people.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    Welcome to the view.... turkerview that is
    [​IMG]
    You'll find the majority of the members in the daily thread so come on over and feel free to ask questions or join in on the daily banter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    You are among your people here, I promise! Being brand new to mturk can be super slow and frustrating, but it does pick up once you get quals under your belt and a good feel for a workflow that works for you. It's a learning curve, but worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    you must kill moose and squirrel

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. DonnieCash816

DonnieCash816 New Turker

Ratings:
    +6
    Welcome, I am new as well, to this forum, not mturk, but I took a long break, and when I returned it felt like I had became a new member again, take your time, read the guides, and ask for help if you need it, people will show you the way, just get the approvals up and surveys will start showing up for you, once you hit 5k they really flow, it will take some time to get used to what requesters are trash, and what requesters pay fair, and how you should go about finding this out, use turkerview script for reviewing, and TO just as a backup, you will learn a lot just based on reviews, have a good one!

• Like Like x 1
  13. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    [​IMG]
    So glad you're here! Like the others have said the daily thread is incredibly useful for learning new things about turking. It's also nice to take a break and just chat a little. Turking can feel a little bit lonely sometimes but here you'll always have some "coworkers" around who get it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. natasha fatale

Ratings:
    +15
    Thank you!

15. Brittney Moreland

Brittney Moreland New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Caicqiwty i

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk