MSRRedmond Lab HITs: labeling images and attributes

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Anhong Guo, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Anhong Guo

Anhong Guo A1X1IORYLDFA50

Ratings:
    +86
    Please post your questions about specific HITs, so I can respond here. Please include the full name of the HIT.

Note: also posting HITs under requester name HI-Research.

For HITs "Determine attributes of a person from an image":
    • The task description clearly says: "Note: you can complete as many HITs as you like". Many people use this account, so others may have rejected HITs for different tasks.
    • For the pictures that are of a book/record with the person's picture on it, it should count, because ultimately it's a picture of the actual person.
    • Check full body for entire bodies only. The idea here is that a skeleton tracking algorithm could potentially determine where the limbs are.
    • For a face in profile such as this, label "Part of face"
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    you can also use the first post as a sort of FAQ, to take all of the acquired knowledge from the questions you were asked and have it here for easy reference.

then those answers eventually find their way into the instructions/task design for future iterations

• Like Like x 3
  3. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    The first question, how many can you do? After what happened last week with the other image label task, people are going to be a little gun shy.

4. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Some of the ones I had were actually of a statue/bust of a person and not the actual person. For those should we check the box at the bottom as the person is not present - or answer as if the statue is the person

5. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    • Added in FAQ above: The task description clearly says: "Note: you can complete as many HITs as you like". Many people use this account, so others may have rejected HITs for different tasks.

6. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    Then you should check the checkbox if it's not a photo of the person.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AquaThingy

AquaThingy New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    I love this hit and I love you :emoji_thumbsup:

• WOW WOW x 1
  8. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    If the face is shown in profile, would you want that marked as part face?

9. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    For the pictures that are clearly a picture of a book/record with the person's picture on it. Do we judge it as if it were just the picture of the person, or do we go the statue route and say it's not the person of interest?

10. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    If it's a profile picture like this, then it's part of face.

11. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    I was talking specifically about showing the side of the face like this
    [​IMG]
    I assumed you would want that to say part of face but wanted to double check.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    That is correct, this would be "Part of face"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    If it's a book showing a picture of the person, it does count, because ultimately it's a picture of the actual person.

14. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    @Anhong Guo is this going to be just a one day batch, or will you be releasing further HITs in the coming future?

15. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    All 14K HITs will be posted today for this specific batch to label attributes, but I'll be releasing further HITs in the next week or two for another set of images, from labeling 1) whether a group of images is the same person, 2) whether the person in the image is the one in the sample images, and 3) labeling attributes of the person.

16. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    So, seeing that profile pic...it is probable I've labeled a few face as "part of face" that weren't a full profile like this, but at an angle so part of the face wasn't fully visible, or part of the face was obscured by, say, a microphone?

Should I keep labeling those part of face or just when it's a true profile?

17. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I'm not doing your hits for various reasons like the pay not being that great for the work but something you could do to improve things for workers at no cost would be to find a way to group all tasks into one batch instead of putting up 20 and annoying people with half decent turking setups to the point that we block you.

Like seriously dropping 20 batches like that is enough to get a lot of people to block you unless the task is super fire and at what you pay it isn't.

edit: You said that you are fixing this in a future batch. You shouldn't have any problems getting stuff done with everything in a big batch.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  18. Anhong Guo

Ratings:
    +86
    For those specific ones, if I group them together, they'll have to pay the same. Each name has different number of images, so paying the same doesn't work. If I have more time, I can make it differently, e.g., posting bonus afterwards, etc.

• Like Like x 2