Hello

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by FTDL, Aug 6, 2019.

1. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I was recommended to join this forum to get some feedback on my mTurk project. Today, I have submitted my first batch....I think. Just posting this to introduce myself and get some advice, help, and feedback on this. First off, I sent it but I don't know how to find it. I got some submissions already but can't even find it myself when I sign in as a worker. That's a bit weird. It's okay. I'm just doing this as a sample just to get used to it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    not really familiar with the requester side but will tag someone who is @ChrisTurk

what is the name of the hit

3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    In general it's best to test things using the sandboxes:

https://requestersandbox.mturk.com
    https://workersandbox.mturk.com

That way you can play around w/ fake money and really get a feel for the worker experience as well. Your current account credentials fully work on both of the sandboxes, whereas your worker account on production is highly restricted in what it can see/do.

Most likely either your worker account doesn't qualify to view your current tasks or they're already accepted into people's queue (things move VERY fast on prod environment).

Like @angel said would need to know the HIT title or your requester name to find them in the system if they're still up

• Like Like x 1
  4. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I put "Freight Truck Image Classification (Sample)" as the title. I know it's pretty long but I wanted to let workers know that this is just a stepping stone submission. I should have put a textbox in there to give some feedback comments directly from the workers if they had any.

5. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I know about the sandbox. I was developing the interface there in the sandbox mode, but I haven't done this before. So, I sent a sample of 50 tasks in the real thing. Just as a stepping stone. Now that I sent it and I'm...somehow getting results, I don't even know where to find the HIT myself.

6. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    not seeing them so they must have all been grabbed stuff get grabbed pretty fast depending on the timer they may be sitting in ques.

7. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I put 1 hour as the timer. But anyway, from what I can see, I'm getting plenty of results. The only things I'm trying to figure out is how to even get to my own HIT as a worker, communicate with workers to improve my interface because I know it needs some work still, and how to require an answer for a radio button group because some people are leaving the second option blank. I know there is a boolean option to set that but I tried it on sandbox and it didn't work anyway.

8. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    @ChrisTurk

The only one of those questions I could offer anything on is that as a worker if all the hits are in someones que your not going to see them but assuming they are not go to the hit page and put the hit title or your requester name in the search box

upload_2019-8-6_14-18-47.png

9. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    I grabbed one of those earlier. It was decently paid, but it whoosh'd. I recommend using US only qual, 10k+ approved, greater than or equal to 99% approval rating in the future. nvm- i dont know how to zoom

10. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    Hmmm...okay. Finding my own HIT isn't that big of a deal. I just wanted know how are people seeing my stuff but I can't see my own stuff. As long as I'm getting results. The second thing I'm trying to do is figuring out how to require one answer in a radio button group because the results I'm getting shows that a lot of answers don't fill it out. I know there's an option to require an answer for it, but it didn't work on sandbox. A work around I can think of is that I should put the radio button group on the top instead of the bottom so workers can see it. I've seen a sample task using one of the worker's HIT tags and their screen doesn't fully show the group at the bottom when they're supposed to answer for it too and they just see the image classification template with the submit button at the bottom.

11. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    Did you see mine?

12. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
  13. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    Hello

14. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm planning on releasing a second batch, improving the interface a little bit and trying to get more accurate results.

• Like Like x 2
  15. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I've heard from others that I can do a closed qualification HIT, how can I do that?