How to do a closed qualification HIT for my project?

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by FTDL, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I've posted my first HIT. It went well but the accuracy of the sample tasks done wasn't as high as we wanted. I'll try to put 30 different pictures to be identified. The premise of my HIT is to identify freight trucks in a series of images, using guides given in the instructions. I hope we get better results. Last time, not many people answered for the truck head (admittedly was the fault of the interface). But since it's been fixed, I will reject submissions if it's left blank.

What I want is for some workers to do a small trial test and depending on their accuracy of their answers, we can qualify them to identify the rest of our tasks. I've been told that I can do something like that, but I don't know how I can do that.

Thank you for those who did some of those tasks in the first run. That was just a test so everybody got approved regardless of their answers. There were some confusion with the instructions and the interface does need a little bit of work, but I'm going to get a little more strict for better accuracy next time.

Edit: I have messed up my second batch by requiring multiple location qualifications at the same time. I send a third batch to fix that. I think people should be able to answer now.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. BlueMountainBacon

BlueMountainBacon Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,889
    What is your requester ID?

3. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    You pretty much made it impossible for people to accept your second wave of hits by requiring them to be in multiple countries due to using separate AU and CA country quals.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I got rid of that when I edited it

5. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm sorry. I thought adding in those location criteria would be like the workers would have to be from either one of those. I'll just send another one. I'm sorry for that. What I tried to do was try to make it be like the worker has to be either from the U.S, the U.K, Canada, or Austraila (the primary English-speaking countries.) English won't matter. I just assumed those countries would be have similar freight trucks there. I tried that qual criteria where it says Worker has to be from "one of" but the way you pick specific countries is just stupid. Next time, I'll just get rid of the location qual entirely and just do what did the first time.

6. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I messed up the second round of things. I'm going to send another batch unless if I can truly edit the properties which I doubt I can. I don't know my requester ID unless the name is the ID. It's called "Freight Transportation Data Lab".

7. StuffAlleySays

StuffAlleySays Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,096
    Is your qual closed, do you have a test that someone can take?

• Like Like x 1
  8. FTDL

FTDL Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    I just sent out a third batch and some workers did those already. I'm having trouble figuring out how to handpick workers.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    You would think your specialized software would be able to tell you were replying to a two year old post.
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Yeah, I mean give the bot a kick in the butt. Lol

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  11. billy

billy Active Turker