[Please Help!] Banned from Mturk

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Jack Fitzgerald, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jack Fitzgerald

Jack Fitzgerald New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm based in the UK, and was making good money from Mturk, with high approval rates. I used Purse.io as a platform to move money from my Amazon account to my bank account, and bought gift cards. I wasn't aware this was in breach of Amazon T&Cs.

So Amazon have frozen all my accounts, taken all the earnings, and also taken a gift card balance given to me outside of Mturk. I've emailed, called, and I've got nowhere. They are also keeping all the balances.

So if anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do, or an alternative to Mturk, I'd really appreciate hearing back from you.

Cheers,

Fitz

2. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    There is nothing that you can do. You are not the first to be banned for this, and won't be the last.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Honestly I'd think in this situation MTurk is the least of your concerns. The Amazon account being suspended at the higher level means contacting MTurk is probably useless until you get the higher level account unsuspended. Amazon Pay has a phone # you can call (well, at least in the US) and maybe the regular shopper customer service might have an idea on getting the account reinstated?

Totally just guessing though, sorry.

• Like Like x 1