Electricity Pole Image Segmentation (Magnum turk project)

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Bode Olowu, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Bode Olowu

Bode Olowu New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi I was recommended to post to this forum to get some help setting up mTurk project. I find the requester set up pretty onerous.. Maybe there should be a HIT to set up a HIT..
    Basically I have a bunch of images in drop box I want to be semantically segmented. I think I got this bit of the set up OK.
    I set up the project on mturk as magnum (favorite Ice cream).. Then the issue of loading the csv file with image URLS?!.. Why cant I drop the images somewhere?
    Anyway I thought a clever Turk wroker could help with this.. The project it self is quite innovative but the set up is less so;( Any feedback comments welcome

2. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
  3. Bode Olowu

Bode Olowu New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks @angel
    @ChrisTurk

Can I get help with the onerous tasks of setting up each image individually?

• Like Like x 1
  4. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    You need to use ftp to upload them to a server. Once you have a list of urls from your server links, paste into a csv file and add on the html tags to the front and back using excel formulas.
    Yea, not simple if you have never done it, but a google search of how to do this has some step by step instructions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Bode Olowu

Bode Olowu New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    @billy - Thanks for the tips. Is there an option to get a turk to do this? Can the files stay in drop box, I can use the link to the file in drop box?
    Do they need to be on a specific ftp server?
    THANKS.

6. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    I don't know if you can hotlink files from dropbox. It would be a pain in the ass even if you could because you would have to go to every image and grab the url to paste into a csv.
    Using your own server you can upload all the images, grab the files extensions all at once and modify the html in excel. Since the images will only be viewed on mturk a few at a time, it will not put a huge strain on the server. I think AWS has something for this but they are expensive. If you have your own website, you can just FTP to an new public file on that server, or if this is a university project, they might allow it on theirs.
    I would imagine a few people on here would know how to do it but I would not allow anyone access to my server.

7. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
  8. sarin

sarin Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +4,286
    Bode Olowu was last seen: Oct 4, 2019
    interesting first post though

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PipsiNiws

PipsiNiws New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Paste into a CSV file and add the HTML tags to the front and back using excel formulas. I think that after that, you will be able to fix the issue. I’m a professional photographer, and I love my job. It’s been a really long journey for me since I started to take pictures on an old camera, and in order for me to take good photos, I had to use image upscale ai online since this is the best application. It helped me increase my images in size and quality. To be honest, I can easily say that this is the best application for people who don’t have the right equipment but want to take pictures of the highest quality.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  10. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    dELiCiOuS nom nom nom eat that spam up