Broken links on HS

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by gwyndolin, Nov 30, 2019.

1. gwyndolin

gwyndolin New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    (First post, woo!) Not really sure what's going on here. I just installed Hit Scraper (the newer version) and whenever I click on a HIT it goes to some really jumbled screen of letters and not directly to the Mturk site. Maybe conflicting scripts or something? Any help would be appreciated.

This is what comes up when I click a HIT on the dashboard of HS
    scraper.png

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Hit Scraper is very out of date and no longer being supported by the creator. I recommend using Hit Forker if you want a standalone script or using Hit Finder built into the MTurkSuite extension.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Use either MTS' Finder or HIT Forker.

HIT Scraper has a vulnerability that anyone could execute code on your machine which is not ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,745
    I'm pretty sure Hit Scraper is outdated, no longer supported, and potentially risky to use - some other more knowledgeable folks may chime in to confirm or expand on that. I'd suggest using Hit Catcher & Hit Finder from MTS, or Hit Forker & Panda Crazy. Oh look at that, those more knowledgeable folks already have :).

Also, hi and welcome to the forum! Stop by the daily threads sometimes, that's where a lot of the conversation happens.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. gwyndolin

gwyndolin New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks friends. I'm new to Mturk and have been doing a ton of research, so I'm sifting through scripts to determine my ideal setup. I must've dug too deep and found the remains of an old script LOL

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. gwyndolin

gwyndolin New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    That just shows how knowledgeable the Mturk nerds are on here! I love it already :) Thank u for having me

• Love Love x 1