12/04 Wolfman Wednesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Mothra, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rin

Rin Thread Destroyer TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +451
    AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Listen to a hiphop-rap song and answer a survey about it. - $0.13 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.78 / hour
    00:01:21 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&B >= 1; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read AudioKite's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    UNIV CATOLICA PORTUGUESA NIF 501082522 [A1UBR4FUN767DV] Research study with 3 surveys - Third and last survey(~ 10 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.75 / hour
    00:03:12 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [185929-185340] DoesNotExist ; Inc: [19-185340] Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Location In US;
    To read UNIV CATOLICA PORTUGUESA NIF 501082522's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    AcademicSurveys [AWG6NSXITGXT6] Answer a survey about product attributes (~2 min) - $0.21 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $3.29 / hour
    00:03:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 89; Location EqualTo US;
    To read AcademicSurveys's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Love it!

5. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Rebuilding a boat sounds awesome. I don't care what are you are. I vow to always include my kids(once they happen), when I am doing my projects so they can learn. When i was a kid, I had a bunch of gas powered RC cars. I was always dissasembling and reassembling them, learning how 2-stroke motors worked. I think the biggest problem with people these days, is the inability to use google. I learn half the stuff from google, and the other half from just grabbing my tool box and taking it apart.

What sucks is that you are absolutely right about the trades. And what sucks for me, is all my go-to people are old af. My window guy is 70 years old. My handyman is 60. It's tough to find reliable work these days since those who know how to do more specialized work(concrete, electrical), are always busy since the market isnt saturated. If it wasn't so taboo at the time(10 years ago), i likely would have taken up a trade and been much more well off than I am today. It's in the back of my mind to go back to school and become an electrician or plumber. Skills that I need for my rentals, that also pay a poop ton of money.

What I have found with contractors is they NEVER call back. NEVER keep you in the loop. And rarely focus on what you need, rather than what they need. I am slowly surrounding myself with people who are the unicorns in this industry and text back all the time. Offer reliable timeframes. My contractor I got coming today to repair a metric ton of rotting wood in my kitchen, texted back all day. Even told me he was running late yesterday. Apologized, etc. And then gave me a quote that was far more than reasonable. One of my tenants is in the union and he has connections to people in the trade who love a good cash side hustle. Needless to say, this new contractor is going to be my new go-to person. My thought in life is that once you find somebody you can rely on, even if they may be a little pricier, stick with them since getting work done is 90% finding a contractor to call you back, and 10% getting the work done.

• Love Love x 2
  6. moonshay76

moonshay76 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,279
    My son wants to be a welder he is in 9th grade now but when he gets to 11th he is going to the tech center where he will learn for two years and should have his cert or license what ever they do with that by the time he graduates.

• Love Love x 2
  7. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Don't discourage him at all. It's a super well paying trade once you are unionized. You'll easily make over six figures by the time you are 35 assuming you live in an area that is developing. Plus, its a shit ton cheaper. If I could do one thing over, it would have either been taking programming more seriously and really trying to learn it, or taking on a trade. I didnt know that becoming a landlord was in my future when I was 18, but with the knowledge I know now, it would have been a much better option for me rather than what I am doing now.

• Love Love x 2
  8. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Go to Harbor Freight and pick him up a cheap MIG welder or go on craigslist. Equipment, materials(metal scraps), will probably run you a couple hundred bucks.

• Love Love x 2
  9. Charlie Turksalot

Charlie Turksalot Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Hindsight works like that regardless of the field. The things I'm doing today are nowhere near what I learned in school, and most of it I've just kind of picked up piecemeal over the years.

10. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Our nephew just did this. I tutor 4th grade through college and worked with him in High School and he said he didn't want to go to college and went to an accelerated program right out of High School to get his license. He has been travelling the country for the past two years, totally happy, bought an RV (and has a ginormous dog) and gets paid a LOT of money. He also had the option after getting his license to stay in his home area and was offered a ton of high paying jobs.

• Love Love x 3
  11. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Well I'm done with prolific. Getting rejected because "8 minutes was too fast' on a $1.90 survey. They are so "fair" they want you to make like $6.50 an hour and if you have a brain above that then forget it.

• Love Love x 3
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  12. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    This. This makes me reconsider going back to school. Milwaukee, WI is booming right now with expansion and development and there is no end in sight regarding the amount of work that needs to get done.

• Love Love x 1
  13. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Jeez. Prolific has been such a roller coaster for me. Some days its hot, and then weeks go by with nothing. Combined with always having login issues, I cashed out a few weeks ago and rarely look at it now. Right now, I have to take a "Getting Started" survey as if I haven't been using the platform for the past 3 years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. evaldes101993

evaldes101993 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,186
    Imagine if Choice lab was on prolific lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  15. SirKiwiTheBrave

SirKiwiTheBrave ʇᴉnɹℲ ǝʌɐɹq ǝɥ┴

Ratings:
    +7,376
    Same. I turk semi-hard, but don't put nearly the time and effort into it that others do because I have a full-time job and turking is one of my side gigs. I did some Prolific stuff for a while, but it was patchy, and I just don't have the inclination to manage my time around multiple different platforms without seeing a significant ROI.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    David Markowitz [A2ET37POFC9SES] Rate a company and make judgments!(~ 10 minutes) - $0.25 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.83 / hour
    00:01:55 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [1394921977-185605] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 500; HIT approval rate (%) >= 82; Location In US;
    To read David Markowitz's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Listen to a hiphop-rap song and answer a survey about it. - $0.20 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.59 / hour
    00:01:08 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&B >= 1; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read AudioKite's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Ditto. Nothing compares to turk. I snagged a Surface Pro 7 the other day for more mobile turking, especially at work.

Only upside to prolific is when you cash out and get paid in USD from the british pound conversion.

19. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    100% to all of this.

Because my husband is a 20-year contractor in the area there are only certain trades-people he will work with at this point - when we need to have any plumbing (non-emergency) things done I pre-buy the garbage disposal, blue tape the dishwasher drainage that needs to be rerouted and we flag any and all areas in our 1800's house that need special attention.

Also - that's the number one complaint that my SO gets... nobody calls back. We moved here in '98 and he's built his business on answering the phone and being fair. But seriously, number one answering the phone.

20. moonshay76

moonshay76 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,279
    Im
    definitely encouraging him He he said either that or an English teacher but he still wants to do the welding and if he decides differently after school he will still be able to fall back on that.

In Michigan they have apprenticeship program for these trades where you can work with someone for a certain time and then you can get certified. I think that is a great idea.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.