[Script] Panda Crazy

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by MichelleMarie_5584, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MichelleMarie_5584

MichelleMarie_5584 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello, I have installed Panda Crazy script but I am not sure what the link is to use Panda Crazy. Any help is appreciated! Thank You

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Here's the link for Panda Crazy's page on Greasy Fork: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy

The link to use is right at the top of the Author's Description. I linked this rather than just the link you asked about because there is also a nice link to a user guide.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I am new to MTurk, still in my first 10 days, and I'm very confused on how to use the scripts. So far I've found some help, but everyone that offered help in YouTube videos, etc. is completely unorganized. This makes it very difficult to learn.

I don't know what is the best way to use the scripts I have installed on Google Chrome, but I tried MTurk Suite - HIT Finder, MTurk Suite - HIT Catcher, Panda Crazy, Panda Crazy Helper, Panda Crazy Queue Helper, and TurkerView.

I opened up MTurk Suite - HIT Finder and MTurk Suite - HIT Catcher with Panda Crazy. Later, I closed MTurk - HIT Finder because it is not as easy to view as the normal MTurk page.

Then, I completed like 3 HITS, one at a time. Things seemed to go without issue. Yet, when I tried to do batch work problems began immediately. I don't know if my settings are wrong in any of the scripts, but I clicked on the panda button on one HIT on the MTurk HITS page. The HIT showed up in the Panda Crazy window with the Collect button in green. HITS began to fill up in the bottom of the Panda Crazy page, in the area with the black background. I clicked on the Continue Work link for one of the HITS. I completed the HIT, it was one of the 3 HITS I completed (see above). Next thing you know I start getting repeated windows saying something about a captcha. I have no idea what a captcha is in relation to Panda Crazy, so I am clueless to address it, and the help page linked to the script has no information on this that I found. By the way, that help site is completely unorganized. I almost uninstalled the script I was so frustrated with the lack of documentation on this specific issue.

1) What is a Panda Crazy captcha?

2) After I click the panda button on a HIT in the MTurk HITS window, how do I address this repetition of error windows that pop up saying something about a captcha in Panda Crazy?

Please help me learn how to use these scripts to do batch work.

Thank you.

4. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    The captcha isn't from Panda Crazy, it's from mturk. Mturk will give you a captcha to fill out every once in awhile and you won't be able to accept any more hits until you complete it. PC is just set up to let you know when it's encountered a captcha so you can fill it out and PC can start doing its thing again. When you get that captcha notice, you'll need to find a hit on mturk ( any hit will do ) and click accept, then fill out the captcha that mturk shows you.

I don't think Panda Crazy Queue Helper is useful anymore. It used to be but Mturk has changed some things and I don't think it's needed anymore. Panda Crazy Helper Script is still useful if you're going to use Panda Crazy.

Don't use Panda Crazy and MTS Hit Catcher at the same time. They do the same thing and using both will cause them to interfere with eachother. Pick the one you like and use that. Hit Catcher is simpler, but some people like the options that PC gives them. If you decide to use Panda Crazy, I recommend using the script Hit Forker instead of MTS Hit Finder, but if you like MTS Hit Catcher than MTS Hit Finder works well with it.

I recommend you spend some more time learning to use Hit Finder. Good work usually doesn't stay up long on mturk and if you're just looking at mturk directly, you're likely to miss it. You can play with the setting to try to make things easier. It has 2 sections. The "Recent Hits" at the top is what it found on the latest search. The "Logged Hits" lower down is all the hits it has found since you turned it on.

• Love Love x 2
  5. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate your detail.

I don't know enough yet to make judgments on what works and what doesn't work. Yet, I have tried MTurk Suite - HIT Finder and I don't like it becaue I was rushing, trying to keep up with everything going on all at once, and I couldn't see the HIT qualifications when I viewed potential HITS via MTurk Suite - HIT Finder. This was a problem because I kept clicking on the P button in MTurk Suite - HIT Finder to try to panda the HIT, only to find that I was not quailified to do it. Contrastly, the normal MTurk page will show the qualification [details] when one clicks on the HIT. I don't know how to do this in MTurk Suite - HIT Finder.

Also, I will take a look at Hit Forker, and at your word I'll just uninstall the Panda Crazy Queue Helper, and I will not use MTurk Suite - HIT Catcher while using Panda Crazy. I thought Panda Crazy Queue Helper was helping me by putting all of the HITS I caught in the Panda Crazy window at the bottom of the page in the black background portion of the page in the order of time remaining to complete the HIT. I thought Turking without Panda Crazy Queue Helper would cause the order of HITS to not show up in an orderly fashion that shows the time remaining for each caught HIT. It does work, but I will uninstall it or at least disable it and see how things look with MTurk Suite - HIT Catcher alone.

Furthermore, the only reason I'm trying to use Panda Crazy is because I know of no other script that will allow me to catch HITS to do batches. Actually, I'm not sure what a batch is (smile). If I had to guess, working a single batch is when one looks for a HIT with a lot of HITS, and that worker attempts to complete as many HITS of that single HIT. For example, a HIT called Verify Text has 100 HITS. I spot it and click on the panda button so it keeps catching that same HIT as many times as possible because the Requester doesn't mind if a worker completes that same HIT more than once. If that is what a batch is, then I do understand that much. If not, then I am lost on that one.

Lastly, if I use Hit Forker and Panda Crazy with the Panda Crazy Helper I should be good to go, correct? If so, I should no longer need MTurk Suite, correct?

Thank you!

6. BlueMountainBacon

BlueMountainBacon Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,889
    You'll still want to keep MTS since it keeps record of any hits you've interacted with as well as allows you to see your pending earnings.

7. CorvusSapiens

Ratings:
    +9,895
    You understand batches right.

Hit Catcher can catch batches as well. You can open your queue from mturk by clicking "Your Hits Queue" at the top of mturk.
    upload_2019-12-15_13-20-31.png
    You don't have to open them from the Panda Crazy page.

The main thing that PC Queue Helper does is change the order the hits appear in your queue. This used to be important because mturk would default to showing them in the order they were accepted, not the order of how much time was left. So if you were working on hits that had say a 10 minute timer, but you had a hit in your queue with a 3 hour timer that you were waiting a bit to do, mturk would keep opening up that 3 hour timer hit every time you submitted one of the short timer hits. Mturk changed that and now defaults to ordering hits by the amount of time left in the timer. That's why I don't think the queue helper is useful anymore. The main reason to use it is now done by default on mturk.

If you decide to use Hit Forker and Panda Crazy you won't need MTS Hit Finder or Hit Catcher, but there are other things MTS does that can be useful. Hit Tracker keeps a record of hits you've done, and I find the workspace expander useful.

8. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you, I'll keep working on it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

Thanks for your help.

I though I was really beginning to get the hang of it, then you mentioned workspace expander. What's the workspace expander?

If I get the hang of MTurk Suite without using Panda Crazy, then I will only use MTurk Suite. I'm not sure, but in a single extension MTurk Suite seems to have the barebones of what is needed to best work on MTurk.

10. CorvusSapiens

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Workspace expander is one of the options that you can turn on or off in the MTS options page. It just makes the work area on mturk hits bigger and automatically scrolls down a bit so that the workspace is close to centered in the screen. I think it's on by default.

11. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

Do you know if we are penalized if a HIT expires in our queue?

I just had a handful expire because I was working on another HIT that took a long time to finish, then the thing told me it was not submitted. I have no idea why. Maybe it expired on me while I was doing it.

12. CorvusSapiens

Ratings:
    +9,895
    It's technically one of the many stats about you that is recorded (called your "abandonment" rate) and requesters can use it as a qual, but it's extremely rare for it to be used as a qual. It doesn't affect you in any other way. It's nothing to be worried about.

13. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

I sure hope so. They're tracking me at 68 returns right now. Thank you very much!

14. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +584
    Hi John, just caught this thread. You ask all the relevant questions so I thought I'd give you my 2 cents of advice. I went through the same struggles you are going through in my first 2 or 3 weeks on MTurk. I messed with Panda and Forker and couldn't find all the info I needed to REALLY understand it. So I tried out MTSuite and it gave me everything I needed in one tight little package. I went into the options and checked the block Masters hits. I went in to the hit finder and checked the box "show only hits I'm qualified for" and then I got to work. I made it a part of my daily regimen to come here once in the morning and once at night and go to the Qualifeye portion of the website: https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/#qual-tests and took every test I could...and I still do. I worked on as many hits as I could because the more you get, the more work opens for you. I also worked on getting as many of the hits that always approve done so I could inflate my numbers, to combat the requesters that reject hits. Once I did that, I was no longer scared to take on batch jobs or any requester because they can only slightly ding my record, not sink me entirely. That doesn't mean I do shit work (99.93% approval over 27000 hits) it just means I can take chances more than when I first started because you have to keep a 99% approval rating or you get less work. I worked on any hit I could get my hands on because everywhere I read, the people with Masters (which opens you to more work) said that while it is a game as to whom Amazon gives it to, the one constant seemed to be that they are versed in many different types of hits. I then started realizing that there were a lot of great qualifiers and bonuses hidden in hits at the .01 to .20 cent levels, so I set my minimums to $0. Can't tell you how many qualifiers for higher paying hits I've gotten that way (probably north of 50). Finally the biggest thing that pushed me is fine tuning...the more efficient you are the more you make on here. PM me if you have any more questions or just to chat! OH and WELCOME to the forum!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    • Hi John, just caught this thread.

Hey Mark.

• You ask all the relevant questions so I thought I'd give you my 2 cents of advice. I went through the same struggles you are going through in my first 2 or 3 weeks on MTurk. I messed with Panda and Forker and couldn't find all the info I needed to REALLY understand it. So I tried out MTSuite and it gave me everything I needed in one tight little package. I went into the options and checked the block Masters hits. I went in to the hit finder and checked the box "show only hits I'm qualified for" and then I got to work.

Done, thanks!

• I made it a part of my daily regimen to come here once in the morning and once at night and go to the Qualifeye portion of the website: https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/#qual-tests and took every test I could...and I still do.

Until you just told me I didn’t know this was available. Huge thank you on that one!

• I worked on as many hits as I could because the more you get, the more work opens for you.

In the process. The past two days Mturk told me I was not allowed to work on anymore HITS. I thought that was weird. If I want to work I want to work.

• I also worked on getting as many of the hits that always approve done so I could inflate my numbers, to combat the requesters that reject hits.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘always approve’. Do you mean the HITS that approve the same day like I seem them approved while I’m still at work on more HITS?

• Once I did that, I was no longer scared to take on batch jobs or any requester because they can only slightly ding my record, not sink me entirely.

Did you mention this because of the earlier statements about my concern about issues with returning HITS? If I am really beginning to understand this thing, batches are when a worker repeatedly completes the same HIT, from the same Requester. And if I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that when we panda a HIT we are supposed to keep an eye on our queue until it gets like 10 or so of these panda HITS, then turn the panda off for that HIT and work off the HITS in the queue. Repeat until there are no more HITS available. If think this is supposed to decrease the chances of a HIT expiring while in the queue. Also, the normal MTurk window shows an auto accept check box for each HIT, isn't this function the same thing, or at least similar to setting a panda? Thanks!

• That doesn't mean I do :emoji_poop: work (99.93% approval over 27000 hits) it just means I can take chances more than when I first started because you have to keep a 99% approval rating or you get less work. I worked on any hit I could get my hands on because everywhere I read, the people with Masters (which opens you to more work) said that while it is a game as to whom Amazon gives it to, the one constant seemed to be that they are versed in many different types of hits. I then started realizing that there were a lot of great qualifiers and bonuses hidden in hits at the .01 to .20 cent levels, so I set my minimums to $0.

Set.

• Can't tell you how many qualifiers for higher paying hits I've gotten that way (probably north of 50).

Earlier today I looked at my qualifications page, and was surprised to notice a growing list of qualifications. I was surprised because I didn’t do anything special. I just did some HITS over the past few days.

• Finally the biggest thing that pushed me is fine tuning...the more efficient you are the more you make on here. PM me if you have any more questions or just to chat! OH and WELCOME to the forum!

Definitely! Thanks a lot! Awesome! Have you ever tried the Mturk Engine script? I'm looking at it now. It looks like a great all-in-one package script, too. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  16. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +584
    In the process. The past two days Mturk told me I was not allowed to work on anymore HITS. I thought that was weird. If I want to work I want to work.
    It's just one of the quirky things about the platform. I haven't heard ever why they do this but for your first 10 days you are limited to 100/day. Though for me it was between 60 & 80, not sure why. After that, it's 3800/day... I think

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘always approve’. Do you mean the HITS that approve the same day like I seem them approved while I’m still at work on more HITS?
    There are some requesters that as long as you try to do decent work will always approve. Heck they even approve the garbage work some people do. MLDataLabeler is one of those requesters. They usually pay between a penny and 5 pennies but hey to get your numbers up they are worth it. To get the qualifiers to do them you have to look for them on the MTurk site because they aren't posted here. A lot of times especially on weekends they will post multiple 900 hit batches for hours and hours, though I haven't sen those a lot here recently.

Did you mention this because of the earlier statements about my concern about issues with returning HITS?
    No I mentioned it because the #1 goal you should have is to stay over 99% approval rating. I worried about acceptance rate/ return rate all of that in the beginning, and I don't now and I do very well on the platform. I don't purposely try to trash those two rates but shit happens and nothing you can do about it. I have a 70% submission rate, a 14% return rate and a 15% abandonment rate (when a hit expires before you can get to it)

• Like Like x 1
  17. John Lewis

John Lewis New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

Cool. Thanks, Mark!

18. nubchai

nubchai New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Make sure Mech Turk is running and you have Panda Crazy activated in Tampermonkey. Then use this link:
    https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects

If everything is set up correctly, Panda Crazy should load for you.

Sandy

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bic66

Bic66 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    I really appreciate this thread. I understand the noob's pain and also would like to adopt you, 'thefantasyicon' person above. If I baked you cookies (including your extended family/friends) and offered, say, free gift-wrapping services during larger holidays, would you consider mentoring me, lol? I've now spent so so so many moons learning/digesting/digging for turking do's and don'ts that I've flat-out terrified myself from doing even one single gig out of fear of inadvertently having the first ever ratio of more rejects than submits.... Crazy. Any whoooo... thanks folks for keeping me keepin' on... next search and learn will be tagging someone... https://forum.turkerview.com/members/thefantasyicon.15024/ I'm sure that's not gonna work...

20. Bic66

Bic66 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Yup.. must be tired. I just posted a reply and don't see it now... long and short, humbly posted adoption offer to 'thefantasyicon' for a mentorship. It included cookies, household chores, etc. Let's try this and if it disappears, I'll go back to the tips, tricks of posting lol...