Hello everyone.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pennylessz, Dec 15, 2019.

1. pennylessz

pennylessz New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey, I joined this site so I can better use the extension in my web browser. But I also have a burning question. Is anyone here familiar with Daisy Gu? She gave me my first rejection today, and I only have a little over 100 HITs under my belt. She put two attention checks asking about a paragraph I had read, at the end of her survey. But they asked for details that I didn't know I'd need to have down precisely. To make matters worse, the paragraph was before a bunch of questions, so I failed one of them, and got rejected.

Is there anywhere here I can discuss this? I'm not sure if you find it a justified rejection, but I spend a ton of time on these surveys, so I don't think I can. Even if I'm in the wrong here.

Anyway, I hope I can stick around for awhile and reap the rewards of being a member here, thanks for reading this!

• Like Like x 1
  2. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Hi and welcome to the forum! Feel free to check out the daily threads, that's where most of the conversation happens.

[​IMG]

Sorry to hear you got your first rejection today. I'm not familiar with the requester, and it looks like they don't have a profile yet on TurkerView (meaning no one has reviewed them yet). You can politely contact the requester to ask them why you were rejected, and you can include some details about the hit along with an explanation like you've given here in case those were attention checks that you failed. Often, however, questions about a reading that are asked after a break are memory assessments and not actually attention checks used as rejection criteria - but there's no way to know other than asking, unless the rejection feedback already specifies the reason.

If you don't already know how to contact the requester, you can go to your dashboard, click on the day the submitted the hit, find the hit in the list of work you did that day, and click on the "Contact Requester" link on the right. You can also click on the hit on that page to see the rejection feedback.

Good luck!

3. pennylessz

pennylessz New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, I contact requesters all the time. I contacted her, but she never replied. I am very meticulous with my HITS, so I feel that I ought to leave a review to warn of potential rejection.

But just today I was rejected again, this time by Cat Armstrong Soul. I'm unsure of what to do if she doesn't respond to my message. It was a 2 minute survey, I don't know why these are the only ones I get rejected for. I pass hour long surveys just fine.

I'm not sure how to leave reviews on here yet though, do I have to use my laptop? I'm usually on a tablet.

4. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Ah, sorry I misunderstood your question at first. You have to have TVJS installed on the device/browser you completed the hit on in order to review it. I think someone has mentioned installing it and other scripts on Firefox for mobile (@Masterbah maybe?), but I'm not totally sure. In any case, if you didn't already have it installed, you can't review them retroactively.

5. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    Yup, I have all my scripts installed on my phone (mobile firefox).

Madame Patate is right, you can only review (with TVJS) HITs that you have completed while TVJS was already installed on that specific device + browser, so you won't be able to review now those rejections. I would however strongly recommend installing them (tampermonkey + TVJS) on your tablet to be able to review HITs in the future.

Sorry I can't be of any help. Requesters can ignore any contact attempt, so you don't get a reply, there's nothing you can do.

• Love Love x 1
  6. pennylessz

pennylessz New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortunately, I believe it's impossible to install extensions on an IPad browser, which is my primary platform. I'd use my laptop more if I had a better chair to go with it.

7. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    Not super familiar with iPads, but can you install firefox for mobile on it? If so, you may be able to install scripts (only iPad I have access to is the iPad 1, so I can't test this).

8. pennylessz

pennylessz New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Apparently Apple decided all Browser's on Ipad must be derived from Safari, so extensions aren't on anything. There's a lot good about this device, but Apple ensures it'll never be entirely better than Android. I can record my screen with the click of a button at least. Couldn't do that on my Galaxy Tab S. (Which is now broken.)

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    Sorry to hear that. I would personally prefer to turk on my laptop in that case as TVJS and MTS/HF+PC are insanely useful.

10. Norma

Norma Turker

Ratings:
    +194
    Welcome! This site is so great. Everyone here is helpful and kind. It sucks getting rejected. I get so mad that sometimes I punch the air like a maniac. lol![​IMG]

11. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565