01/09 - Therefore Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Wow how about you kiss my ass...

1. Took less than 5 minutes to complete a 10 minute survey indicating the scenario was not read properly

• WOW WOW x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  2. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  3. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    I've never tired ribbons. I can see why they would probably be ideal for not catching or pulling hair. Great idea, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    Holy shit those are some close calls! The worst I've done so far was get my hair caught almost on fire while helping the husband in the kitchen by standing close to the eye while it was on and my hair was just long enough at the time for the ends to start to smoke. I noticed it when I asked what smelled like burning hair! He basically barred me from standing near the oven while he's cooking because of that.

• WOW WOW x 1
  5. L Lemon

L Lemon Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,417
    We are dangerous!

But I can't bring myself to cut it. I really want to see how long it will actually grow.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Elastic ties tend to get stretched out and break after so long. Plus, my hair always gets tangled in them. Ribbons on the other hand come in tons of cute patterns and I can wear a different colored one for every day of the week that matches my outfit. Not sure why elastic ties are so common when ribbons should be the staple of every girl's (and guy's, let's not judge) wardrobe.

• Love Love x 2
  7. L Lemon

Ratings:
    +12,417
    I have the exact same problem; they stretch out and pull my hair out. What kind of ribbons? Most stuff just falls right out of my hair if it's not really, really tightly clipped on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    I just buy generic ones from the crafts section and tie them in a bow. I have super thick hair, though. Apparently "4C" is what my type of hair is called.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. L Lemon

Ratings:
    +12,417
    I'm type 1 - we are on opposite spectrums. What I wouldn't give for some curls or waves...

10. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Grass is greener, I guess? I've always wished my hair were nice and straight and more manageable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. wynebrandi

wynebrandi New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    My mother had super long hair. She started letting it grow out when I was born. After 25 years, it was this length. Unfortunately, due to her surgeries and not putting it up, it was a huge knot and made her look like her hair was up to her shoulders. I had to cut it off at her shoulders because, after hours of trying to get it undone, there was no saving it. She used Tresemme for years until she used a bottle of Aussie that I had and has used it since then. I have super thick hair that grows ridiculously fast. The only hair ties I can use for my hair are jelly bands with a no-slip grip. I have to buy them off of Amazon because Walmart never has them in stock.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 2
    • WOW WOW x 2
  12. L Lemon

Ratings:
    +12,417
    Yep, grass is greener. And I'm way too lazy to do all the curling iron or roller stuff. Ugh! When I was really young I did, but now, now way.

13. L Lemon

Ratings:
    +12,417
    Oh wow - her hair is so dark and shiny in that picture. Nice!

Yeah, I need the "no slip" stuff too. But it hurts when I wear it. It's a struggle...

14. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    I use the Silk Scrunchies and they work well without pulling, though they start sliding down my hair after awhile.

15. Neven123

Neven123 Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,688
  16. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Yep, I'd trade you if I could. I used to have the energy and give-a-damn to wake up early every morning to curl my hair. My hair is so flat and thin and straight I can't stand it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. wynebrandi

wynebrandi New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    These are what I use. They pull a little when you pull them out, but they don't stretch as fast and they hold their shape for a long time. I buy these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H31PS74/?tag=thtv02-20 I can't wear any other hair ties because nothing can hold my hair up or they just stretch out so fast. -_- lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    My hair turns into dreads if you even look at it wrong, and straightening is such a pain. My mom used to perm my hair when I was young and I loved it being straight for like an entire week, but I hate the very idea of perms (and the reasons some people still do it.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. SamAnt

SamAnt Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,925
    Gregory Dzurik [A21SL3EU361SAN] 5 min Survey about Fast Food! - $1.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $38.71 / hour
    00:01:33 / completion time
    Pros:
    No writing.
    Cons:
    All bubbles.

Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
    To read Gregory Dzurik's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 2
  20. L Lemon

Ratings:
    +12,417
    Ok, so wait...do these have the like (polyester-type) fabric around them, or are they rubbery-like (like they would grab dust), if that makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.