02/06 - Thick and Thin Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Glom User [A3DQ0D6E788HSP] Decision making study - $0.45 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.73 / hour
    00:01:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 10000; no DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read Glom User's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    See this is why I feel burned out, I have no time for anything, my hobbies are collecting dust.

3. MortimerP

MortimerP Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +654
    I understand, there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done. Can anything get put on the chopping block? maybe just for a little while?

4. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    Probably not..I have no time and there isn't anything I can do to change it.

5. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    For me I exercise read or in the warmer weather go sailing, hiking or camping. I'm currently taking up woodworking as a hobby since it's something I've enjoyed in the past part of the fun is setting up my own wood shop in my basement.

6. justshell

justshell New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    I watch this...repeatedly.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    The thing is I have hobbies and I have an area of the house it's just impossible to even do things those
    I have hobbies and even a man cave, it's just impossible to do any of those things when my day is filled with extra shit to do from the minute I wake up till I go to bed.

8. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450

You got to make time for you man. I was that way a year ago everything stacked up and feeling overwhelmed. The best thing I could do was realize that things I didn't get to today would still be there tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I can't, my wife had surgery isn't walking yet so I have to literally help her get dressed, take her to work, go get her etc etc, make her lunch, make dinner, clean the house, turk, anything with the kids is on me, it's this never ending cycle of something to do all the time.

She asked me why my earnings are down the other day and I was like I dunno maybe the 4 hours I lose at this everyday now?

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA Active Turker

Ratings:
    +850
    Sounds to me like you may need a VERY nice vacation somewhere that is both restful and has some neat, captivating stuff to do.

11. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    Honestly man sounds like you need to talk with a professional. They will help you put things into prospective, a outside perspective is often helpful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Chandler Carter [A2OA7CH931UMK8] Social Media/Selfie Study - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $19.78 / hour
    00:06:04 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 13 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Location EqualTo US;

To read Chandler Carter's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  13. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I don't have money for that lol, I'm just frustrated, I was trying to explain to everyone how I feel and I was like how would you feel if you had something to do every minute of everyday and none of it was fun at all and there was nothing you could do to escape it?

14. ChristopherASA

Ratings:
    +850
    Well, this pretty much dumps on my previous suggestion. I think you need human help (at least for a while). Check with the "social service" (just one choice) organizations in your city/town and your county. Make as many phone calls as it takes for you to understand how those systems work in your local and find some help. (As a matter of fact, check with the hospital or doctor that performed the surgery, and ask them for advice and where you might be able to find help.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. t0nja

t0nja Survey Slinger Birthday Girl!

Ratings:
    +7,236
    I put one of my favorite show on, so that it is playing in the background. Always make sure its on the comedy side that I know will make me laugh. For me its SG1, Firefly, or Critical roll campaign 1.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I dunno I've tried talking with the people I live with and nothing changes, I just feel like I'm everyone's Grinch while they get to watch tv and stare at their phones and do whatever they want while I'm in this constant work work work mode.

17. MortimerP

MortimerP Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +654
    Change the WiFi password and handout a list of chores?

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  18. ChristopherASA

Ratings:
    +850
    Friends! Neighbors! (and her friends).

19. WoodsmanWalker

WoodsmanWalker Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,206
    Good Morning Everyone. @Mecca you need to set at least 20 minutes to the side for you everyday. You have to be rigid about it, like you quit smoking or a new diet. Let everyone know you need that time. Take that great work ethic you have and apply it to making sure you have 20 minutes a day for you. Just a simple walk can do wonders. Mine is a good dog walk everyday. Hope this helps, it has for me.

• Love Love x 3
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  20. ChristopherASA

Ratings:
    +850
    Fuck the "friends you live with" for God's sake!!! TALK TO SOME PROFESSIONALS.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.