04/09 - Tremendous Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by PeachyRider, Apr 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeachyRider

PeachyRider 777

Ratings:
    +57,056
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,920
    Hello, Homeschool Parental Units!

I have been reading the forums while taking a break, and I have to give kudos to the Homeschool Parental Units for helping the Institutionally Challenged Child Units with their schoolwork. Our entire nation finds itself in all kinds of quarantine, isolation, lockdown, institutionalization, shelter-in-place, or social distancing. What kind we seem to find ourselves practicing, depending on which state we are in, what we are doing, and what time of day it is. Homeschool Parental Units are working hard to engage their Institutionally Challenged Child Units to continue their education. I also want to salute the Professional Tele-Educating Elite who made it possible for me to write this story!

I used to work for an Educational Publishing Company that designs School Pamphlets that have many Bubbles in them. Currently, the Rumor Mill holds the Institutionally Challenged Child Units hate the Bubbles. Colleges not only inquire about the Bubbles but require the Bubbles (the more the better). The ...

Homeschool Parental Units wonder why the Institutionally Challenged Child Units in their life did not do better with the Bubbles. Meanwhile, the Professional Tele-Educating Elite now teaches to the Bubbles, from a makeshift kitchen classroom, live by way of video chat, to the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit in the Homeschool Parental Unit’s kitchen.

Now that we have some context surrounding the situation, the point I want to make is it appears many of the Institutionally Challenged Child Units complete an entire month of schoolwork during the first couple of days, they are home, and except for a few short video chats with the Professional Tele-Educating Elite. Here is a list of a few things that may be going on:

1) The Institutionally Challenged Child Unit manipulated the Homeschool Parental Unit,
    2) The Institutionally Challenged Child Unit went through the schoolwork like an Olympic champion,
    3) The Institutionally Challenged Child Unit went through the schoolwork like a puppy chasing after a jackrabbit,
    4) The K-9 Unit ate it, peed on it, drooled on it, or worse yet pooped on it, or
    5) The Professional Tele-Educating Elite did not give enough schoolwork to the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit to do. (Highly doubtful but could be used to retain friends once school resumes by Professional Tele-Educating Elite’s known to be mean/strict).​

The Institutionally Challenged Child Unit promises to do the schoolwork and then it is business as usual. The Homeschool Parental Unit tries to make deals with the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit but all effort is in vain. The Institutionally Challenged Child Unit has had the Homeschool Parental Units' number for years. It is possibly the only number known to the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit.

Olympic champions are great, they love school, and fast learning is normal behavior for them. They excel in their schoolwork and do it quite quickly. Meantime the Homeschool Parental Unit is trying to figure out what they are going to throw at the Institutionally Challenged Child Units next to trip them up long enough to have a cup of coffee.

Puppies chasing after jackrabbits are a lot of fun. The schoolwork concludes – eventually and usually fairly well for some, yet others struggle and need extra help. K-9 Units devouring schoolwork faster than a nanny goat eats tin cans is a sight to see. “Schoolwork; what do you mean schoolwork? I did not have any schoolwork! There was schoolwork? I think I left it at school. Yeah, I left it at school, oops! We are on lockdown; I cannot go to school and get it!”

What is the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit doing for the rest of the month or worse remainder of the school year? The Homeschool Parental Unit needs to be in tune with their Institutionally Challenged Child Unit. Take advantage of the time, Homeschool Parental Units! Do something about finding the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit something that is going to let you Teach to the Bubbles like a pro. One qualification to get into a great college is all about the Bubbles AND to get some great scholarship money, you know that green stuff that you formally worked your fingers to the bone for while trying to find enough of it to pay the house payment/rent, utilities, save for college, and food the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit eats like… Well, you know… Again, it is all about the Bubbles, and Bubbles cost money.

Since the Homeschool Parental Unit is possibly dipping into the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit’s educational funds to pay for the mundane things in life, they are going to need some scholarship money for the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit to get through college. Once the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit finally relinquishes the Internet at bedtime, the Homeschool Parental Unit can let their fingers do the dancing, and find topics to engage the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit. Perhaps one of those great colleges will take notice while reading an application letter and reward the Institutionally Challenged Child Unit with scholarship money.

@rater9 ©2020

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. LucusNon

LucusNon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +707
    mY sEcReT bAtCh comin' thru

4. basement

basement Turker

Ratings:
    +756
    • Like Like x 1
  5. UncleSam450

UncleSam450 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Ignite Media Solutions [A3EZTHE4PBFBOM] Transcribe name and address from two audio recordings (name, address) and partially filled address info - $0.06 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $3.54 / hour
    00:01:01 / completion time
    Pros:
    When it's possible to understand the audio, it's an easy, straightforward hit.
    Cons:
    Very often, the person speaking does not provide the required information or simply says something like " I won't give my address" or gives only partial information. The problem is that in such case, the only option is to return the hit unpaid. There should be an option to select when the person did not provide the info. I got 3 hits in a row with silent audio files but still got to return it so ... Read more

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 80;

To read Ignite Media Solutions's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    morning all.. wake up way early and couldn't go back to sleep

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. hvnnvr

hvnnvr Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,132
    Good Early Mornin'

• Like Like x 2
  8. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Josca van Houwelingen-Snippe [A3J5NO1KEZLOF5] Answer a survey about your opinion of a digital nature video - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $16.18 / hour
    00:07:25 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • 4 minute video

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 6 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Location In AT, BE, CA, CH, DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IE, LI, LU, NL, NO, SE, US;

To read Josca van Houwelingen-Snippe's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. trialanderrorson

trialanderrorson Active Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] Take a 1-question survey (US-based, Male, 45-54, 25-34, Mobile Gamer, 35-44, 18-24) - $0.40 | PANDA

Generous

<24 hours

Unrated
    $13.21 / hour
    00:01:49 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1; Play Mobile Games In 1; Gender In 1; Age Range In 2, 3, 4, 5; Location EqualTo US;

To read PickFu's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    Who let Peachy out of his corner?

• WOW WOW x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Morning!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,359
    Good morning. I accidentally returned a $2 HIT. Great start to the day :emoji_sweat_smile:

• WOW WOW x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  13. Random Turker

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Josca van Houwelingen-Snippe [A3J5NO1KEZLOF5] Answer a survey about your opinion of a digital nature video - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.32 / hour
    00:07:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    3:50 video.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Location In AT, BE, CA, CH, DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IE, LI, LU, NL, NO, SE, US;

To read Josca van Houwelingen-Snippe's full profile check out TurkerView!

14. SirKiwiTheBrave

SirKiwiTheBrave ʇᴉnɹℲ ǝʌɐɹq ǝɥ┴

Ratings:
    +7,376
    Yay, good start, caught that Alexa HIT

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  15. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    The fuck. I just worked on a survey for 9 mins and was filling out the demographics and hit the arrow to move on, thinking the next page was debrief/code and got unpaid screener. Asshats.

• WOW WOW x 3
  16. Random Turker

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Lucas Leemann [A264THKTDZ4KXX] Public Opinion and Political Polls (6-7 min.) - $1.80 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $24.45 / hour
    00:04:25 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 10 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Total approved HITs > 5000; Location EqualTo US;

To read Lucas Leemann's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. WoodsmanWalker

WoodsmanWalker Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,206
    [​IMG]
    Good Morning Everyone!

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  18. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    [​IMG]

19. Random Turker

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Wohoo!

upload_2020-4-9_7-34-35.png

• Like Like x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  20. Random Turker

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Do I want to read a entire company mission statement and huge page full of information overload and graphics about business practices and then answer long pages of bubbles for $1.50... noooo thanks.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.