studies by interactive_experiments (University of Cambridge, UK)

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by interactive_experiments, May 13, 2020.

1. interactive_experiments

interactive_experiments New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Dear TurkerView Community:

Thank you very much for providing this great forum to connect with Turkers around the world.

We are researchers based at the University of Cambridge (UK) who are currently running a series of experiments on decision-making under the Requester account “interactive_experiments.”

If you have any questions and/or suggestions to our HITs you can post them here or contact us at join-experiment@econ.cam.ac.uk

Best,

interactive_experiments

• Like Like x 1
  2. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    Hi, do you only need workers from the US? If not, you could consider opening the quals to other English speaking countries (specifically, Canada)!

3. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    I can't help but think a simple sound that plays when the experiment starts would be adequate as opposed to an entire waiting section forcing mouse movement every 30 seconds.

4. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    I don't see anything posted on MTurk under that name. Is there a hidden qual or something?

5. interactive_experiments

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, the present study is restricted to US only but we are in fact considering expanding it to other English speaking countries!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  6. interactive_experiments

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, thanks for the feedback. I agree that the moving mouse thing is not ideal. We have tested the sound option in the pilot and unfortunately this was not working very well :( We could perhaps make it 45 instead of 30. Would you say this could help?

7. interactive_experiments

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, thanks for reaching out. To take part in the study you need to qualify with our 5-minute demographics survey. This is at present restricted to US-based Turkers only and appears routinely every day. For this particular study we need a representative subject pool, therefore the HITs come with an additional age qualification. For example, today we ran recruitment for US-based Turkers in age categories 18-25 and 55+. Currently we are running HITs for those in the 45-55 age bracket. I plan to run the 30-35 and 35-45 tomorrow. If this helps, I could post in this thread every time we release the survey with its' age restrictions

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  8. interactive_experiments

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello everyone. Currently, we are recruiting US-based Turkers in the 35-45 age category. The HIT is titled "5-minute demographics survey" and is posted by the requester "interactive_experiments". Thanks for your interest in our studies!

9. JanBall

JanBall New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    You can tell me more about what your research. I would like to participate in this and hope to help. I will work in 100% because for me, it is important to learn more in different areas. Before my first job I want to be with a large stock of experience and knowledge. My parents say it's a waste of time, but they probably just don't understand me. It's particularly difficult to find a place to practice now in the pandemic, and so I'm clinging to every opportunity. I am from Canada, but I am ready to go to the central part of America as I am studying on distance learning.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021