07/21 - TACO TUESDAY

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    That hug emoji looks too darn happy for what I was trying to convey, sorry @Mecca

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I live in Missouri so the answer is no they don't offer that...the governor here says lovely things like...These kids have got to get back to school.... And if they do get COVID-19, which they will — and they will when they go to school — they’re not going to the hospitals.... They’re going to go home and they’re going to get over it.”

I have 1 kid who is refusing to do virtual learning and the other who will basically be a sloth and do nothing if I sign her up for it...I feel like I have no choice but to send them.

3. SirKiwiTheBrave

SirKiwiTheBrave ʇᴉnɹℲ ǝʌɐɹq ǝɥ┴

Ratings:
    +7,376
    Valeriya [A1SGJA6QG1E6L5] Online Use of Hotel Apps During a COVID-19 Pandemic - $1.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.35 / hour
    00:06:25 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Poorly written questions that make this survey take longer than it should just trying to understand what you're being asked.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 39 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 5000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Valeriya's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    Okay. What the ever loving fuck. It's JULY!

Attached Files:

• LOL LOL x 4
  5. FreyjaTurkja

FreyjaTurkja Turker

Ratings:
    +316
    In that case, I'd be leaning towards having them go to school. Your son will resent it otherwise and is old enough to decide IMO. Your daughter may or not benefit from the structure of attending in person but it seems like a better option than virtual learning. Not to play psychiatrist on the Internet but she sounds depressed. I was never diagnosed but that was me during a part of my teens (disengaged; excessive sleeping; everything a major effort etc).

I understand the real risk is to your wife re: COVID-19. That complicates things but unless the 3 of you totally isolate yourselves I suppose there's always a risk of catching and spreading it. I feel for ya and everyone else having to choose between education/employment OR health. It's f'ed up and could've largely been avoided.

6. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    It sounds like you have no choice but to send them back. Your wife just has to stay away from them and not share a bathroom and you need to buy cases of Lysol and clean the hell out of your house every day. Sorry you're in a shitty situation. Rock and a hard place, really. It sucks.

My state is about ready for full lockdown again. My county's hospitals just ran out of ICU beds (adult) and we have a 110 bed former hospital (that wasn't being used) outfitted to take patients if we need it. I just wonder where the hell the medical staff will come from, we will need folks to come in from other states. All my nurse friends and neighbors are falling over exhausted. I'm about ready to start cooking for some of them or buy gift certificates from local restaurants and leave them on their doorsteps!

We are the exact opposite of your state. But then we're going to hit New York levels of infections in the next couple of days, and our governor is over here all "Okay then, either do the right thing and wear masks and engage in protective behaviors or we are locked down again." Not in those exact words, he's much smoother than that, but eh. I predict by next week many of our counties will be locked down again. My county for sure and LA county.

7. TKNO

TKNO Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +7,820
    Lifespan Social Cognition Lab [A1102PGDVVOYQS] Online study of faces in images - $5.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $16.25 / hour
    00:18:28 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 3 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Gender - Male EqualTo 1; Age - 45 - 55 EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;

To read Lifespan Social Cognition Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. TKNO

TKNO Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +7,820
    Cocolab at Princeton [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] Rate explanations about everyday moral problems (10-13 minutes) - $1.63 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $17.31 / hour
    00:05:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 3 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read Cocolab at Princeton's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    It's also 2020 so why the hell not? And there are probably so many more empty places for them to set up shop now.:emoji_frowning2:

10. Gerbilreaper

Gerbilreaper Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Cocolab at Princeton [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] Rate explanations about everyday moral problems (10-13 minutes) - $1.63 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.22 / hour
    00:09:34 / completion time
    Pros:
    - Could probably be done a little faster. I was taking my time.
    - Nothing complicated.
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read Cocolab at Princeton's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I thought the depression thing but counselors say that isn't it she's seen many. One of them basically told me that at a very young age she decided she didn't like school and you mix that with stubborness/ODD and she legit won't do it because she doesn't want to. Her priorities are all fucked up too, she basically wants to be on snapchat, chill with boys and get booze and weed...when it comes to legit work whether it's school or chores or anything like that she is super difficult.

She's basically addicted to social media, anything that is work is a no go.

• WOW WOW x 1
  12. FreyjaTurkja

FreyjaTurkja Turker

Ratings:
    +316
    With masks in high demand maybe we should all start wearing Halloween costumes everyday. I bet this'll be a big seller this year:
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  13. Hedgmog

Hedgmog Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +811
    Regan Mandryk [AEOONULLODQWX] Digital Modeling using Game Data - $6.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $21.20 / hour
    00:16:59 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 20 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Previous_participation_isolated_shapes_pilot DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;

To read Regan Mandryk's full profile check out TurkerView!

14. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    I feel you on that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Madeline Dewar

Madeline Dewar Active Turker

Ratings:
    +257
    DESL [A344KG0NAY3EU1] Interactive study, 10-15 minutes, $1.50 guaranteed + BONUS up to $8 (eight dollars) - $1.50 $1.60 bonus | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.31 / hour
    00:12:09 / completion time
    Pros:
    Good bonus potential.
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 12 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 500; Interactive Study July 2018 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read DESL's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  16. FreyjaTurkja

FreyjaTurkja Turker

Ratings:
    +316
    One fortunate thing about being an older Milennial: just missing out on social media taking over in my teens. Can't even imagine the dopamine hits on every click and constant FOMO kids deal with now.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    It's tough, I wish she didn't have a phone to be honest with you.

18. mrnotoriousman

mrnotoriousman Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +20,112
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  19. Madeline Dewar

Madeline Dewar Active Turker

Ratings:
    +257
    Valeriya [A1SGJA6QG1E6L5] Online Use of Hotel Apps During a COVID-19 Pandemic - $1.00 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.92 / hour
    00:06:03 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Repetitive.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 5000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Valeriya's full profile check out TurkerView!

20. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.