09/07 - Murder Mystery Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayashi

Kayashi Titler

Ratings:
    +14,908
    jimmy g, lol
    [​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    i'm all in

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    Also. I'm still salty the Wings keep getting hosed by the NHL's stupid draft bullshit, they're god awful and pick 4th yea great.

4. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    Why is it stupid? It is much more fair now that people can't expect to get the first pick by tanking.

Pittsburgh would not have a team TWICE if it wasn't for tanking.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. lightningchad

lightningchad Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,173
    "Block for me Earl."
    [​IMG]

6. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I think the idea of having a lottery for a draft pick is dumb, teams that are awful should get to pick higher. If you tank on purpose as a strategy so be it, not everyone even thinks that you should do that. When teams are really bad they deserve to pick high, the Wings are literally the worst team in the salary cap era.

7. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    So tanking for a number of years to gather first round picks is fair to you?

I can't make any arguments that will change your mind then. The Red Wings are bad because all their good players got old and retired. It happens to all teams in sports. Throwing a team a bone if they play bad just takes out the competition of things.

• Love Love x 1
  8. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    Also, the Red Wings will be alright. Yzerman is not a bad GM.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    Does having the first pick guarantee you of being good? the Cleveland Browns picked in the top 10 every year forever and were never good...Jacksonville just had 5 top 10 picks in like 8 years, got nothing. There are baseball teams that tanked on purpose it worked for some, for others it didn't.

Having the first pick doesn't guarantee you of anything but it's crappy to be awful and not even get to pick first after it. I think the NBA lottery is stupid too, just being frank about this. Everyone has different strategies and picking 1st doesn't guarantee anything to me it's just fair because you were awful.

10. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I'd actually like to hear examples of teams that tanked for #1 picks that it turned their franchise around because Edmonton has had something stupid like 4 #1 picks in the last 10 years and they aren't a super power matter of fact most of them did nothing for the team.

11. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    Pittsburgh Penguins

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    OK we have 1, and I'm not overly sure they "tanked on purpose" plenty of teams are shitty because they suck and are run by bozos, like the Browns or Jaguars. Then they fuck up their high picks because once again they don't know what they're doing.

13. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    No, it doesn't guarantee that you will be good put we have had some pretty good players come through the draft over the past couple of year. This year sounds like the dude will be special too. You can't use the Browns as an example since they haven't won a championship since the year before it was called the Super Bowl :emoji_joy:

I just can't get behind that you can tank on purpose and then get the best player in the draft for nothing. Tanking is unsportmanslike and frankly straight up says "screw you" to the fans. It's embarrassing.

Edmonton will be a force in the coming years. They have the firepower now, and just need to figure out goaltending and defense. True, they picked 1st a bunch of times but it has also made them close to being a contender now. Bad front office decisions have also plagued them for years until recently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    They absolutely did to get Mario. Not even a secret.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    I'd say that kinda worked out for them just a little bit for a couple years

• LOL LOL x 2
  16. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    I'm going to sound bad for saying this but if you as a fan know what's going on, why wouldn't you support tanking? Like here in KC I hope the Royals lose the rest of their games, winning games that do not help you do anything than get you a worse player in the long run isn't helpful. I'd like to think most fans do realize this when they like teams that aren't good.

When the Chiefs were shitty back in the early 10's I wanted them to lose for higher picks, going 4-12 and picking 7th isn't good for long term success, I think most fans do understand this now.

• Yikes Yikes x 1
  17. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    Yep, until the city got bailed out again. I mean, I am not talking crap about former or current Penguins here since they have had 2 of the best players in the world, but I still think it says a lot about their fan base that they were so unsupportive of their team when they were bad, that they almost lost their team TWICE.

Twice!

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  18. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    Because it is unsportsmanlike in my opinion. It is cheap and cowardly.

• Love Love x 3
  19. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    Now that I think of it, in recent years I think baseball has the most examples of tanking on purpose for future success of any sport and they don't do a lottery.

20. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    That is such a hockey mentality. I love it.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.