09/13 - Swell Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Sep 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,396
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • LOL x 2
    • Yikes x 2
    • Today I Learned x 2
    • Love x 2
    • WOW x 2
    • Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • Good Review! x 1
    • 5/5 Pay x 1
  2. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Holy macaroni @TissueHime I think you just got all the reactions. Lol.

Also I may not ever sleep again. xoxo

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
  4. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    [​IMG]

I don't know what this is from - but I simultaneously want to watch it and....make sure I don't watch it after midnight.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  5. MWT

MWT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,032
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
  6. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    Just got offered a job teaching poetry in prison. Spent all night thinking about the prose and cons.

A man asks a woman: "when is your birthday?". To which the girl replies: "March 1st.” He immediately starts marching around the room and says "So can you tell me now?"

• LOL LOL x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  7. MWT

MWT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,032
    [​IMG]

8. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,396
    • Love Love x 2
  9. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
  10. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Wanted to get the scoop on the history of ice cream. Decided to go to sundae school. <3

Happy Sunday @Girl Polar Bear thanks for all your jokes! You're awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    I think I might be back in sleep schedule Hell. One day me and my biological clock will get along, mark my words.

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  12. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Be careful what you promise your biological clocks :)

Sometimes they just do their own thing......

Here's some Sunday muzak for you because you mentioned Hell... and so did the Squirrel Nut Zippers :)

Morning @Vincent P :)

• Love Love x 3
  13. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    They sure do. I just wish I could explain to mine that waking up after the sun has gone down and feeling like garbage is probably not conducive to me being my best self, however if we are staying positive one could make the argument that maybe it will lead to some incredible artistic discovery in the middle of the night eventually.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    Or better yet, a high paying HIT!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  15. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    morning all.. can't sleep so figured I'd try working a bit

• Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    For sure! I hear ya.

Even if you can't explain it to yourself - it IS cool to see the sun come up, and sometimes the night crew get's some great HITs.

Also I love your positive argument. Are you a musician or artist working at night?

Either way here is a song written in the middle of the night from a looooong time ago :)

• Love Love x 5
  17. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    I am literally from Lenox. Lmao. Well the next town over--went to school in Lenox because my mom wanted really badly for me to have a good education. Little did she know I'd squander it anyways! Small freaking world. I met Yo-Yo Ma back when I worked at Tanglewood. Was supposed to meet Taylor Swift too a different time but I guess she had to leave early.

Both artist and musician. I consider myself sort of a Renaissance man of content creation. Working on videography, acting, and directing right now. Trying to find an artistic way to do web development too. Not that I'm good at any of it.

• Love Love x 2
  18. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hey that's cool! I live in Maine and have always wanted to go to Tanglewood to see a show. Chicago DID play metro Detroit (where I grew up) in the 70's and 80's but somehow I never saw them live.

That's really neat you met Yo-Yo Ma and that you worked at Tanglewood :) Also you almooooost met cturks fave - T-Swizzle!

It sounds like you have a lot of interesting projects going on. I'm sure you will land on something that clicks. Looking forward to seeing some links in the future of your videos, acting, directing and web developing! There is a lot to work with here.... don't be down on yourself.

Just curious - were you part of this concert series? :)

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    Tanglewood is great, as long as you avoid the nasty rich uppity tourists. That's par for the course when they are in season though :emoji_joy:. People who live here love to complain about tourist season. Please don't take it to heart, we just don't like people with a lot of money coming here and acting like they own the place. Don't do that and you'll be fine!! Unfortunate you never got to see Terry Kath live :(

Was 2014 the year that series was going on? That would be the year I graduated high school so...not quite sure. I've lost count of the times I've been there while Yo-Yo Ma was there, so it's up in the air. While I was quite the vagrant during that time I also had a lot of free access to Tanglewood because I have family that directs some of the operations there along with the fact that many friends of mine worked there after I quit. It's funny, I can sort of come and go there as I please which I know many people a lot older than me would kill for--nobody my age gives a hoot though :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

That's not entirely true, kind of a joke. People my age do certainly enjoy themselves there as well, just not quite to the same degree as the generations above.

I appreciate your kind words about my passions. I do it because I love it at the end of the day, so no matter what I'm just happy to do what I do. I take it very seriously, but always manage my expectations. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if you heard my name pop up somewhere sometime--I do have big ideas that I have coordinated solid plans for :emoji_grin:

P.S., I am actually pretty good at some of the things I do, and even confident about it. I just say things like that sometimes as a buffer against critics--then they can't argue that I think I'm the sh*t when they think I'm not that good. Sometimes I do certainly think I'm the sh*t :emoji_sunglasses:

• Love Love x 1
  20. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    As quick as I said good morning now I'm saying goodnight... See y'all when the sun goes down I guess

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.