10/04 - Savory Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Oct 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    You wouldn't be sending virtual hugs if you saw the pics. You'd be all
    [​IMG]

2. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    I don't want to see the pics. I just want to hear from you how you are. how you look can wait.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    Positly [A20SRJ4UG9W0H0] <5 min Quick CV comparison (~5 mins) - $0.70 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $30.73 / hour
    00:01:22 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 12 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: 80412233201bcb15666b2ac446860a99b1c3bf42 DoesNotExist ; 7b69943e4929a7ad1ca0cc87ff3fc52cbc217c67 In 5, 6, 7, 8; Total approved HITs >= 500; HIT approval rate (%) >= 96; 34ee50c9eacb4e076cedf82013242ddbbbff8013 NotIn 0; Location EqualTo US; ab5c70a2a750f5b115e550db4b754b92dfd32213 DoesNotExist ;

To read Positly's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    *sits and scratches staples*

• Love Love x 2
  5. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Sorry dude. How'd your internal organs do after going through the meat grinder? Last you posted, and last I checked, it was your thyroid right?

6. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    nah im 100% fine, im to the itchy incision part now. thats gonna annoy me cause im a person that doesnt like scabs lol and yup, im left thyroid lobe short now (i say as im stuffing my face with every carb in the house easily microwaved)

• Love Love x 1
  7. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    hugs hugs hugs hugs

• Love Love x 1
  8. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I'm peachy. Just tired. Before they'd consider starting proton therapy, they wanted my broken wisdom teeth out too, so I got to deal with that last week. Big ol Chef lookin dude comes in, goes "Yup. Those have to come out." Jabs a 10 foot needle into my palate, comes back 20 minutes later and goes "Hey hey hey. Just hold still and it'll all be over real quick" like Bill Cosby and just grabs my wisdom teeth and puts all 600lbs into the pliers. Not gonna lie, I'm gonna have mental scars from that. There's a survival mechanism that goes down into your soul that says "Hey...lizard brain...how about you don't let someone yank out your sole means of eating?"

• Love Love x 1
  9. awdrf

awdrf Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Daily Living Project [A1E29QRQJ6B0Y3] Answer a survey about emergency service jobs - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.52 / hour
    00:02:04 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 5000; Completed My Survey Already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read Daily Living Project's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I feel you. I'm fluctuating between eating and getting stuff done, and then conking out to rebuild. Slept 15 hours today. The refrigerator post earlier was because I can now kneel down enough to do so without ending up with a cramp so bad I'm all "Welp. This is how I finally die".

11. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    yeah im not looking forward to anything dental wise. as a kid i got prescribed some really sketch meds that trashed my teeth and most past canines are broken and such, so pretty much everything is going to have to get pulled. just...ugh......ive got a HIGH pain tolerance but ugh, not my mouth

yeah the sleeping thing without choking for me is totally weird. i slept more wed-sat than i did in the near 2 weeks prior. my body is now revolting against the extra sleep and making my brain shift back into "work always mode". i feel you on the kneeling. i did it earlier cause my drain pouch fell out my gown and i damn near face planted into my apt bathroom cause i tried to right myself, elbowed my wall, yanked on the drain HARD and tried to right myself at the same time. ive never laughed and nearly cried at myself as much as that one

12. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    *hugs and offers nuggets*

• Love Love x 1
  13. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    you had a terrible dentist. I have had to have teeth pulled and I've never had that kind of thing happen. I've seen another of your posts about it too. not normal at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    My Aunt in Wisconsin bought a couple of boxes and said that the cereal bits actually look like bacon and that it's awesome. Lol She's sending boxes around to all her nieces and nephews hahaha

• Love Love x 1
  15. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Are you using a Jackson-Pratt suction drain with a collection bulb? If so, it should have a tag on it that you can use to safety pin it to your clothes. That's why the tag is fabric, so it can withstand showers, and I slept with mine in my leg and the safety pin just inches from my junk comfortably.

I had a drain in my neck after my surgery too. They ran the vein from my eye, through my cheek, through my jaw, and into my throat into my carotid. From experience, if you're using a JP drain, when it comes out, have a squishy ball handy. It doesn't hurt, but it's awkward as hell and your brain goes "DUDE!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!"

16. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Yeah. He was an oral surgeon, and I don't have insurance. I'm running on a "This dude isn't gonna pay" type bill. Which is messed up, because by trade I'm a nuke welder. I can pay the damn bill in a year once I'm fixed up and get back to work now that I'm stable.

• Love Love x 1
  17. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    yup it is, i just still had my surgical gown on since we thought there would be more blood mess than there actually was. but anyways, im outta here, gonna sit back and snag a couple quick hours of sleep then come back for all the dozens of tabs of hits i have to do lol

• Love Love x 1
  18. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Hit me up when you get back on. I'll tell you all about dealing with a JP drain. If you get too cocky with it, you'll regret it. Later bud.

19. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    [​IMG]
    45 min nap then back to turking...I hope

• Love Love x 1
  20. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Evening night crew - what are you all listening too? I've got some Postmodern Jukebox kickin.... :)

• Love Love x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.